1Jz Or 2Jz Engine Transplant For Is200

Hey all, I've currently got a lexus is200 with a turbo 1gfe motor, and to be honest its just not doing it for me. I've been told the engine transplants are the only solution for the power I want to achieve, 250-300kw. Everyone has their own theories eg the 1jz revs quicker therefore more response, its much cheaper for the engine and parts, however 2jz is just raw powerr. Id like some feed back :-)

its all about bang for you buck, 1jz will cost around 7-8k for engine and fit and will get u 300kw easy, 2jz 10-15k for engine and fit and will get u much more power 500kw somthin like that. i have been lookin at the same sort of thing i want to go the 1jz option because its more cost effective. but if u want mass amounts of power then yes the 2jz option is the way to go.

its all about bang for you buck, 1jz will cost around 7-8k for engine and fit and will get u 300kw easy, 2jz 10-15k for engine and fit and will get u much more power 500kw somthin like that. i have been lookin at the same sort of thing i want to go the 1jz option because its more cost effective. but if u want mass amounts of power then yes the 2jz option is the way to go.

i dunno where your getting your prices from but

7-8K for the engine your getting ripped off pretty hard there

actually ripped off is a nice work lol

your getting raped on the price

10-15K for 2JZ? u can buy a is200 with 2JZ with abit more money

• 2 weeks later...

No it's 7-8 grand to buy engine and install it if u havent got mechanics back round and 10-15 for 2jz engine and install..............

you sure?

2jz halfcuts cost around 5K 1JZ are around 3-4K

7-8 K look elsewhere

Hmmm I actually bought this question up on the facebook group lexusownersclub and they were say due to customizing the tail shaft and mount and other things like that it's gonna be up around the 7-8k for 1jz as this is wat I was interested in doin then I mention 2jz and the said 10-15k this was about a month ago but yes ur rite I have found half cuts alot cheap and I think 4Gs could b a bit much for install....

i dont know y people are charging so much for 2j's

1j's and 2j's are pretty much the same

and use the same mounts and all

even the box and such matches up

only difference is the engine

i just dont think the double in price is just not justifiable

i dont know y people are charging so much for 2j's

1j's and 2j's are pretty much the same

and use the same mounts and all

even the box and such matches up

only difference is the engine

i just dont think the double in price is just not justifiable

i agree but people no that people wll pay more for more power and it is tru that 2jz will produce more power the 1j

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...