hello guys, anybody have tried this set tanabe nf210 springs + f sport shocks on IS250? i just put on this set, the cornering is improved. but i feel quite dizzy when driving on straight road. it feels like on a boat... i googled about this set but no result.... anybody know if i got the wrong setup? thx

that should be a pretty decent setup

feeling dizzy on a straight road doesnt really explain much

hows the body roll

hows the car over bumps and uneven roads

can you be more specific so we can help you out?

that should be a pretty decent setup

feeling dizzy on a straight road doesnt really explain much

hows the body roll

hows the car over bumps and uneven roads

can you be more specific so we can help you out?

the body roll actually reduced quite a lot, when normal driving, body roll reduced around 40% i think.

when car over bumps i feel firmer, and actually that is improved too.

so for performance side, it really improved

but the problem is when driving on normal road or high way, the car never stop "shaking" or very soft little jumping, which i said like "on boat feeling" and dizzy. in the other word, it's feeling 10 times more road feeling. same on the uneven road, bumping up and down. or feel like the spring rate too high that shocks can't control it. but i think the f sport shocks should be enough?

which i didn't expect that..i just want to improve the ride comfort.. i don't like the factory setting as they are too soft i feel. i just want to firm up a bit (feeling similar to european car) and also reduce the body roll. so i'm thinking maybe the spring/shock set isn't good? because maybe different technology or something? i'm quite comfusing now. have you tried f sport spring+shock set? is that feeling more like a european car or somthing else?

oh and one more thing, when normally close the door (not hard pushing), i can obviously see the car shaking.

and i went to the MRT perfomance in rhodes, where i installed shock/springs. they said maybe because the sport shocks. because i never been on a sport shocks, and i know some sport suspensions make the ride harsher. but i think the f sport shock not be that hard yet?? am i right?

well that sounds quite normal for lowered springs

so what you are describing to me is the car is bumpier over uneven road

which is very normal for a lowered car

firmer suspension = more road feel, bumpier ride

first thank for helping guys....

well that sounds quite normal for lowered springs

so what you are describing to me is the car is bumpier over uneven road

which is very normal for a lowered car

firmer suspension = more road feel, bumpier ride

but even if i just replace the f sport springs, it won't really help??

lol from what he describes its the shocks. They aren't doing their job properly and are being firm just because of the spring itself.

i.e. bad dampening force

i didnt get the idea. because the f sport shocks are brand new, shouldn't have problem?

right now i'm quite confusing whether the springs or the shock cause the problem, i feel more like the shocks not working properly. but eibach have higher spring rates than tanabe nf, eibachs work perfect with f sport shock. how could tanabes not? so i think maybe this setup not good? if u google tanabe spring + f sport shocks, cant find any result...

so i may go either these 2 plans:

1. change the spring to f sport springs, see if it's the problem of springs

2. change back to factory shocks but keep the spring

any suggestions?

Read link in #7

i read that, and i know how the sprins&shocks working....but sorry for asking stupid question, how is that link relevant to the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Just changed to f sport springs, much better now. The tanabe-fsport set up not good tho. Thanks a lot to Danny, help changing all stuffs. Great work, but that was suffering lol.