Can any body help? :( will most likely have it installed tomorrow of the springs arrive in the morning. So I would hope I get some answers on the question above before I go ahead with the installation

Hmm I think so. Hahaha. It's that yellow piece of thing that he cut. I think it is the bump stop. Any idea why he cut it? Do I HAVE to cut it too? What are the effects if I don't cut it? Thanks :)

Pretty sure it's being cut so the shock doesn't slam into it every few metres because the spring height is so much shorter. It's basically giving you a bit more lee-way with shock travel, but when you do hit something big, you will most likely feel a harder thump due to less rubber being there to absorb it.

I think u need to find a new one for lowering spring if u don't want to cut it... But I'm pretty sure u need a shorter one if u lower the car 2"... Otherwise u will bottom out a lot lol...

And about the spoiler u'd better also put silicone glue. Otherwise just in case the 3M tape fail, and it's pretty dangerous for anyone who driving behind u... Hopefully not me lol...

Thanks Atlantis and Sherlockyou, i get the purpose now :) i will probably cut it, but not as much as stormtrooper did with his.

Last question is will there be an issue if i want to put it back to stock springs with the shortened stoppers?

@Sherlockyou: I would do that (using silicone glue/seal), just want to know if anyone has used it before, just scared its not paint safe or something. haha

It's paint safe if u heat it when u take the spoiler off. I think u said spoilers are cf made? So will

Be fine, or if made by PU, u will ruin the spoiler. I did that on my old is200 before. It's all good. Better use a low temp. Silicon. Seems u r selling them? So doesn't matter then lol

Some springs will require you to cut the bump stops. Unless stated, I would just leave them as is. When I installed my S Techs, it was written in the instructions that the bump stops did not need to be cut. Let us know how it goes and post up some pics!

It's paint safe if u heat it when u take the spoiler off. I think u said spoilers are cf made? So will

Be fine, or if made by PU, u will ruin the spoiler. I did that on my old is200 before. It's all good. Better use a low temp. Silicon. Seems u r selling them? So doesn't matter then lol

And the bump stop u could still put back, only the bottom out occurs only when suspension travels longer than b4 u cut them...

Cool cool, i will definitely do that, though i think only the top layer is CF, i will double check before use the silicone. Thanks for your help though :) haha its just that i could use some cash at the moment, but if unsold then i will use it lol. Thanks again

Some springs will require you to cut the bump stops. Unless stated, I would just leave them as is. When I installed my S Techs, it was written in the instructions that the bump stops did not need to be cut. Let us know how it goes and post up some pics!

Thanks Jay, i will see whether it states in the instructions when i receive the springs. I've been calling aust post everyday this week to check on my spring's location (just in case the internet tracking isnt updated for the customers :P) They've arrived australia on monday, so the person said it should arrive at the end of this week or early next week, though by today its already 3 working days late, i am pretty disappointed as i am really eager on putting those things on and my rims. Well anyways, i cant do anything but wait IMPATIENTLY and pray every night that it will arrive the next morning. LOL. Will keep this thread updated :)

Just wondering, how much did you pay for shipping for the RM's. Did you purchase them directly off their website?

Just wondering, how much did you pay for shipping for the RM's. Did you purchase them directly off their website?

They quoted me $120 for shipping if i havent mistaken. I called them up and made the order and payment by phone.

Hey guys, sorry been busy these few days with uni and all. So thursday morning my springs arrived, was so happy but that day i had full day filled with classes so unfortunately i had to wait till friday night to get it installed. Friday i went to my work place and wait till it closed, then drove my car up the hoist (at about 6pm) and started prepping (taking engine covers and boot covers off). Then me and my boss went to get some maccas around the corner (i know no one cares, i just felt like writing about everything that happened that night :P). Then the real work begun, I worked on the fronts first, fronts were very straight forward, just had to undo a couple of bolts and the suspension is off. Though it was straight forward, i was very slow at it because it was my first time working on suspension work. So anyways following up to the bumper stop enquiry i had somewhere up in this thread, the answer was i had to cut 2/3rd of it as stated in the instructions that came with the RM. So after the fronts were done, did the back, had to think how to get it off because it wasnt shown in stormtrooper's video, afterall it was easy, but had to go through some unnecessary unscrewing to work that out.

After all the suspension were back in place, i just had to put all the covers back and it was ready. I slapped on my new shoes and lowered the hoist. It was 11:45pm when i drove out the garage. So yeah it took quite a while but as i said its my first time so i had to triple check everything and luckily no bolts went missing and all went back into place smoothly without breaking anything :) Then i drove up to BP at Swans St Burnley to give my car a wash and here is what my baby looks like.

50278AD9.jpg

C4F7191B.jpg

E01ACB90.jpg

4636700A-orig.jpg

B8731085.jpg

540E85EA-orig.jpg

544BF33A-orig.jpg

9AE755B0-orig.jpg

DD24862F-orig.jpg

Overall the springs are not bad, the comfort feels like stock. I wish it was a little stiffer so i feel like im driving on a modded car lol but anyways im pretty happy. And also its not as low as i IMAGINED, i was disappointed that it did not scrap while going down to my parking spot :P the pics are taken from 30 mins-1.5hrs after the car was lowered, not sure whether it settled yet but this morning the car does look a LITTLE lower.

Here are some pics i messed around with on snapbucket(photobucket app)

4636700A.jpg

540E85EA.jpg

544BF33A.jpg

9AE755B0.jpg

DD24862F.jpg

Let me know what you guys think :) ANY sorts of comments are welcome :)

Thanks again for reading my thread

lol was sceptic about this whole thing. But results are good (i thought it would look slammed, but the height is right in my eye).

Thumbs up from me.

But still hope you have luck with your shocks.

Now I'm waiting on bigger more HQ pictures during the day :)

@334mm: haha I thought the same man. I was hoping it would look slammed. But oh well that's the lowest I could get. Haha. I'll add the ings add on soon and it'll start scraping everywhere it goes :D

They should 'settle' after a few days a be a bit lower. Nice choice though, seems to have dropped it a nice level. Got any bigger photos man? Interested in seeing your wheels haha

They should 'settle' after a few days a be a bit lower. Nice choice though, seems to have dropped it a nice level. Got any bigger photos man? Interested in seeing your wheels haha

Hey Jay, i think its settled by now :P I feel it is slightly lower now than on the pics above. The pics are taken on my iphone so i guess its small :P taking it with a camera takes too much work uploading lol but i will do it for you guys haha. But give me some time, really busy with prepping for my exams :( consequence of skipping too much classes lol.

Haha I feel your pain in re. to studying for exams. Spotted your car at the JDMST meet earlier today, looking good man, nice drop. You parked behind me (white is250).

Hey Jay, you were there? Man i was wondering who the is250 belonged to. Wanted to chat haha. Anyways thanks bro, your car is awesome too, what are you lowered on?

Ohh cool cool. Alright man, hit me up. Btw i got a red light camera fine otw home last night. $300+ down the drain, couldve bought something for the 2IS. lol

And about the spoiler u'd better also put silicone glue. Otherwise just in case the 3M tape fail, and it's pretty dangerous for anyone who driving behind u... Hopefully not me lol...

I regret not doing so. My roof wing flew off otw back home from the JDMST meet. Or maybe stolen, but since its very unlikely to have another steal these things, i assume it flew off in the eastern freeway. The roof spoiler was held on with some double sided tape(NOT 3M) that the city autobarn recommended me. He said its very strong and thats what they use everytime. I filled my entire roof wing with it and it still flew off so OBVIOUSLY IT ISNT AS STRONG AS HE SAID it was. My ducktail however was stuck with 3M tape that my friend got from ringwood autobarn (lucky my sucky tape ran out after i finished with the roof spoiler) otherwise my ducktail wouldve flew off already.

And most importantly was that i went home at 1 am on sunday night/monday morning therefore no car was behind me and no one got hurt otherwise i wouldve been in big trouble. Lesson learnt is, although people in automotive places are supposed to know whats best, DO NOT TRUST THEM. hahaha