Hey guys. Been a month since I got my is250. Two weeks ago I ordered a set of road magnet springs for it. Usually I go with Eibach springs. But with the is250 I want it low without having to go with coilovers. And from what I have researched, these road magnet springs will lower the car 2" front and rear and it is the lowest springs for the is250 (sorry if I'm wrong). So anyways the springs should arrive by the end of this week. I also ordered a set of 19" Stamford rims (19x8,5 +35F 19x9,5 +35R) Also got carbon rear boot lip and carbon roof wing. Now just waiting for the springs. Once the springs arrive I will put that on together with the new wheels and the carbon lip and wing. Will post up some pics as soon as I got it installed.

Yeah, RM springs are the lowest springs avail. but will increase the wear of your shocks more as well. Looking forward to pics, I'm looking at rims in the exact same size and offset. What size tyres are you going to be running?

Be aware the IS250 shocks wear out quickly even from factory. There have been quite a few cases where people have had to replace them under warranty.

Given the drop you are looking at on a 2006 model, i'd be prepared.

Be aware the IS250 shocks wear out quickly even from factory. There have been quite a few cases where people have had to replace them under warranty.

Given the drop you are looking at on a 2006 model, i'd be prepared.

i agree, with 2'' drop the stock shocks should wear out soon

How much does a mod certificate cost in VIC cos i'm sure you'll need it. You'll also need to let your insurance company know of the mods, should an accident occur you'd want to be covered.

Hey guys. Sorry haven't been on for a couple of days :D damn I didn't know about the wear in shocks. Can somebody tell me what it'll do? So I've been waiting on my stupid springs for 10 working days now and it's still not here. And according to the tracking, it's in Chicago (it's been there from the 1st) and its pretty frustrating cause I want this thing dropped and have the rims on and also my carbon fiber boot lip and roof Wong (dont want them on with standard rims and ride height). So yesterday I decided to do some other things to the 2IS. I went to a local seller to pick up some 6000k HID for my headlights, T10s for my parkers, front dome light and side mirror puddle lights and some double ended LEDs for my trunk and rear dome light. Got it all installed last night. Took me 3+ hours to do all that cause I'm new to all this DIY work and luckily I managed not to break anything while doing so :D will take some pics after I get from uni today and see what you guys think. :)

So here they are guys, the pics of my light mods. no biggie.

24DAC52A.jpg

E309CDBE.jpg

8A14E8A8.jpg

30399724.jpg

A1F99744.jpg

Please note the defects on the handrest is caused by my sister's baby car seat (cause i dno how to install it properly :P) does anyone know if the leather will pop back out after some time?

4F62697D.jpg

Thanks for visiting :)

I want to ask if anyone here knows how to properly install a roof wing and boot lip? First I thought I would use 3m tape. And my friend said "are you serious? Someone could easily pull it off then. Use sealant that they use in the toilet or for glass."

So yeah does anyone think it's a good idea? Anyone done it before and will it leave stains on the paint when I take it off? Would appreciate your help guys. Thank you :)

I've installed my boot lip just with the 3m tape and it holds fine. I know a few people on this forum have done the same. If you check out the US forum most of them do the same too. I know some like to drill holes into the boot and screw it down but personally wouldn't consider doing this. As for using sealant, I would reckon that its not the best adhesive to use in this case cos it's rubbery and 'springy'. For a boot lip and roof spoiler you would probably want a more rigid adhesive.

Coconut has both boot lip and roof spoiler. He might be able to tell. You more about installing the roof spoiler.

@nemesisD: thanks bro for your reply. I will definitely get some 3m tape from bunnings tomorrow and get them installed :) you reckon I could use the 3m for the roof wing too?

I think it should be the same as the boot lip but best to check with someone on this forum who has the roof spoiler.

As for the bootlip I recommend that you get at least one other person to help you out just so you make sure you get it centered properly. I got a friend to help out and it just made it a little easier. Just a tip, make sure you get the sides on the boot lip pressed down at the same time ( hence 2 people easier than just doing it on your own. )

@nemesisD: thanks for the info. I'll definitely get a friend to help me out. I guess I will do both with 3m tape. Will post pics once it's on

Make sure area is clean, no wax or polish on it etc.

You can use adhesion promoters to enhance the adhesion to surface. (3m also sells this specifically for automotive exterior parts)

Car manufacturers use 3m all the time for exterior trims without any use of bolts (ie is200 door trim).

Thanks dennis.

So today i went to Aust Post to track on my item (cause the net wont update my status -_-) and they told me that the item has arrived Vic today (about time) and that it would be at the office in a day or two. So i will get it installed my myself and my colleague (i work at a tyre shop in burnley as a part timer), we do not do suspension work so this would not be easy, i did some research and i saw stormtrooper's (stevemeade) is250 lowered on road magnet. So the photos were pretty clear but there was one thing i did not understand, he cut the yellow rubber thingy thats supposed to be at the bottom of the suspension. so does anyone know why he did that? do i have to do that? because i prefer to keep things in a way that i can reverse it when i was to make it back to stock.

so heres the website guys, i would appreciate all the input. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/85142-lexus-is250-dropped-on-road-magnet-springs-pics-vid/

and yes i did try to ask steve but no reply so i was hoping you guys could help :P Thanks :)