So i have owned my 2000 Lexus is200 for about a year now and its getting to its at about 180,000 ks now so it has started to show some signs of age.

my low oil light keeps coming on and I've started to hear a small squeak type noise from the front of the car when i drive (very slight but its there).

My friend owns the exact same car and year model as mine and he had to get a new engine when the exact same thing was happening to his car.

What i am trying to get at now is, does anyone know where i can get a cheap engine replacement that has low K's and will install for a cheaper price.

i really don't want to sell my car so i'm trying to find a cheaper option, my friends cost him $3000 for a reconditioned engine with the install and all and the engine had less than 100,000 on the clock.

Concerned Ryan.

A 4 cylidner is a good idea but how do i know what engines fit, or can any car take any engine?

Also looking to get a turbo, ive never done research into turbos accept how they work. would not have a clue on where to even start looking for a good quality and powerful one.

thanks for that link though, gets me thinking!

Not even $500 I would estimate as Melbourne > Sydney is driven by practically everyone who does car transport. Quick google found movingcars.com.au did a Golf from Sydney to Melbourne for just $295...

Of course, you could always just drive it home :ph34r:

Could i trust paying $2000 by going off pictures? what if the engine doesn't even work, seems to good to be true

and if i had the money right now i would jump right on it, because then i would need to pay someone to swap the engine anyway

If you're serious I could take a spin out there for you to turn it over. I might even buy a few parts off you (need a replacement factory CD player as mine has carked it recently (err1)). Wouldn't be until next weekend though.

Thats a really good offer thanks heaps, but i really don't have the money right now, was just seeing plans.

i hope to do this within the next few months.

its good to see that everyone is heaps supportive!

and not to mention that that transmission is auto, does that matter? its also a different year model. i would love to have all those spare parts haha

The car is still on ebay motors as a buy it now or best offer. Was thinking of it myself. Jacking up the number plates etc. Unfortunately it is a stat write-off so can't be registered anywhere. That is why it is so cheap.

If you're serious I could take a spin out there for you to turn it over. I might even buy a few parts off you (need a replacement factory CD player as mine has carked it recently (err1)). Wouldn't be until next weekend though.

hey i was wondering if you could still check this out, i may have scraped together a bit of cash

and i have a factory head unit if you want.

cheers

Sorry guys, my partner checked up and it has been sold. However there is an IS200 on Gumtree for $500. Missing rear end and fuel tank and the front end is shot as is all panels but motor might be worth a gamble.