Hello, has anyone else have the same problem as I do. :( :(

ERR 3 is displayed on the screen of the stereo

I found out that fixing it will cost about $600 :blink::blink::angry:

Any suggestions for solution? ;)

Hey Kiddo:

Welcome to the Club...:D Do you have the stock sound system? if so is it just the CD jam or what, don't really understand what you meant there...

Matt

Yes, quite common on the early models. Matt McN may have the thread on the UK Club site, but somewhere on their site is the info about it.

You can make it unload all the CDs, or load it right up then unload it, and it will eventually fix itself. (for a while)

They changed the CD player in 2000 I think it was, not that that will help!

I've forgotten which CD bay it is on mine, but one of them is duff.

kp

this is a very common problem on IS's.

Hate to tell you to go search on the UK forums - so I have done it for you!

all the topics on UK Lexus Owners Club regarding IS CD ERR3 problem ;)

basically, what you will find is that it is a common problem, which is covered by the warranty.

In the UK, the warranty has been extended to 4 years for the stereo - because of this exact problem.

How old is your car?

Hey i've got my CD player that came from my altezza 98 thou and i replace it with the dvd so now i have it lying around in my room if you interested then give me a call i can sell it.... it's play 6 CD's Tape maybe the same as your one...

cheer

jet

this is a very common problem on IS's.

Hate to tell you to go search on the UK forums - so I have done it for you!

all the topics on UK Lexus Owners Club regarding IS CD ERR3 problem ;)

basically, what you will find is that it is a common problem, which is covered by the warranty.

In the UK, the warranty has been extended to 4 years for the stereo - because of this exact problem.

How old is your car?

He got a Altezza so i dont think those dealer get any warranty unless he bought it from a Toyota Dealer....

Matt

I threw a couple of extra CDs in the car on Sat morning when I left to go to Rotorua. Fed in one, it went in to stack place number 5, fed in the next and got ERR3!! :(

Pulled out the 6th one and it runs fine, so mine is just a five cd unit.

Hopefully jetezza can help you kiddo.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the help guys

Good news, I just a new Sony double-din from HK :D

Nice Work, Yeah buying one new would be cheaper than fixing the crap stock one...:) I prefer to keep the car stock (look) when the sat nav comes out I m just gonna buy a stock Altezza Housing and control...anyone that wants to sell their stock altezza housing let me know for a reasonable price.....BTW Kiddo you know my mate johnathon right? you go to Kings? what a small world :D

Matt :)