Is there a known issue for a IS350 engine rattle? The car is a 2010 Lexus IS350 with 54,000kms.

I started the car this morning and heard a rattle but thought I was hearing things. However, my brother started the car this afternoon and I heard the engine rattle again. The engine wasn't cold when I started it the second time. Is there a recall for this?

No recal that I'm aware of but plenty replaced under warranty. Aurion & Kluger have the same issue.

If it was my car I'd be runng better oil than the cheap 10w30 the dealers use. Splash out on some Motul, Redline, Mobil1 etc etc once you've had them replaced under warranty.

The reason I asked I have the same rattle from time to time and my car is out of warranty. It has gone better since I changed the oil recently but still there at times.

I've noticed a rattle - only when left in gear & waiting at the lights... No such rattle if you slip it into neutral. :)

I've yet to experience a service by a Lexus dealer - what has been the response when (if) you arrive with your own oil for the oil change? :unsure: