Hi all ... i have recently purchased a 2008 IS250 sports ...16,000KM. I am older bloke and have moved from an LS400 to this 250 sport. My wife and I are finding the ride a bit harsh obviously due to sports suspension and 18" low profile run flat tires. Is the suspension adjustable? Would different tires help? Any thoughts? Would I be better off trading up and going for the Sports Luxury? At our age ride smoothness is everything LOL I understand that current suspension means it handles lke a go kart but I would prefer an armchair or an air suspension seat experience. I thankfully still have my old LS400 and find myself driving that more than the new toy. Perth WA

Hi Bacchus. I am an older bloke too. 2011 Fsport. I swapped too hastily to prestige suspension but did not like the look. So had KW coilovers fitted and now in my opinion the best of both worlds. Lowered better handling and ride than stock F sport

Hey Alex ... thanks for that. Can you tell me what model KW's you put on as they list several different types on their website. I dont want to change the look/stance of the car but do crave a bit better ride ... it would make the old girl happy too ...LOL

Yes I think so

Best way to go about this is mate

Get some after coilovers and problems solved

2 coils I suggest

1 kw v3 coilovers around the 2.5-3k mark

Or bc v2 coilovers for 1.3k delovered

Bacchus, I will find out which version they fitted. I was originally told that they did not do coilovers for Lexus. However, Ben the owner of Weltmeister Porche in Melbourne visits their factory and deals with KW on a regular basis told me they were doing a "one off" make for me. If this was the case there was no extra charge. 4k fitted seemed to be the average cost. I will be there on Wednesday so I will get more information for you.

Bacchus, I will find out which version they fitted. I was originally told that they did not do coilovers for Lexus. However, Ben the owner of Weltmeister Porche in Melbourne visits their factory and deals with KW on a regular basis told me they were doing a "one off" make for me. If this was the case there was no extra charge. 4k fitted seemed to be the average cost. I will be there on Wednesday so I will get more information for you.

alex KW makes coilovers for Lexus

alot of the ISF owners are running KW V3 coilovers

Thanks for that Danny,

I had a feeling that was the case but i could not find Lexus models on their site last year on the net. I assume they were the V3's..maybe an extra sales pitch from Ben at Porsche but either way very good advice and a very happy driver. I will work out how to post a couple of pics.

• 2 weeks later...

The sports luxury with 17 inch rims is a little bouncy also. Not exactly a 100% plush ride so coil overs may be the best solution but I would not buy without going for a drive first. Everyone has a different interpretation of a comfortable ride.