2012 Oem Led Headlight – Dimming Function Using A 3-Way-Toggle Switch&

Hi, just thought i would start a topic on this ( LED Headlight DIMMING switch..works like OEM)

The LED on 100% brightness at night may seem too bright for some (for me it was too bright for my liking , 50% at night looks much nicer!)

So anyway i made a switch (1 per headlight), which allows me to change the brightness from 100% (Daytime) to 50% (Nighttime) when i like. There is also OFF mode when the toggle switch is in the middle.

If you look closely at the picture you will see how i wired it up.

There are 3 plugs (pins) on the led board which cable:

The Cable you will need is :

(Part Number) : 81125 8112653240 [CORD, HEADLAMP]

you can see here: http://is.sewellpart...IS250-2011.html

The 3 pins/plugs on the LED board are :

-100% Brightness (GREEN WIRE) - Used for DAYTIME

-50% Brightness (BLACK WIRE) - Used for NIGHTTIME

-POSITIVE (+) 12V, gives the LEDs power.

~Note: The (-) NEGATIVE Power goes to the Middle of the Switch

i bought the 3-way toggle Switch from COSTCO, which cost me about $8,

i placed both the switches next to each other next to the left headlight, i have to open hood and flick the toggle switch to dim headlights, or to toggle DAYtime mode (100%) , but its way better than taking off the bumper, and messing with the cords lol.

i taped everything off with electrical tape, and the cords are pretty long (about 1 met each ?) so i zip tied them, i dont have any photos of the switch completed ( i also added labels to the switch ~ on the top it says "DAYTIME", and on the bottom it says "Night", i will try to add a photo of this in the future.

With this 3 way Toggle switch it gives you the ability to have the LEDS "OFF" if you wish, if you use a relay this can't be done, its either ON ~ (Daytime/Night) or OFF as OEM works.

image.jpg

I followed this guide to wire mine up to work like stock, but I also added an on/off switch.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/649200-2012-led-headlights-100-50-circuit.html

Both headlights are wired to a single relay, then I added a on/off toggle switch which I've placed in the switch panel beside the fuel release button so that I can turn the LED's completely off if needed.

I followed this guide to wire mine up to work like stock, but I also added an on/off switch.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/649200-2012-led-headlights-100-50-circuit.html

Both headlights are wired to a single relay, then I added a on/off toggle switch which I've placed in the switch panel beside the fuel release button so that I can turn the LED's completely off if needed.

Hi, could you show photos of your switch, the wiring , etc I want to see how it looks on the dash

Also how did u put the switch throughout the firewall ? Is it through the plug behind the battery ?

I want to stretch my switches so they go inside( to the dashboard) near the gas realease button, but didn't want to take apart dash or plug. Also how do I get access to the cigarette lighter region, I would like to put the led switch there,

Also how did u power the relay ? I tried that method but it didn't work.. And u had to wire the relay to the projector positive wire so that it knows to dim the LEDs when the lights are on?

• 3 weeks later...