Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to buy the lexus in a day or 2 and would like to ask few questions?

Model: IS250 2009 MY10 Sports luxury

1. The car as done about 95K is that too much for its age?

2. Any major things, i need to be aware or notice when test driving the car?

3. Can extended warranty be bought? And any idea on servcing costs after 100Ks?

greatly apperciate your help!! Thanks.

Cheers

Sid

That seems like a lot of Kms for a 4-year old car, Sid - personally I'd look for another one.

There are a lot of threads on this subject in this Forum - so please check them out.

FYI, I've recently bought a 2010 IS250 SL with 13,700km on the clock from a dealer - approx $45K on the road. Of course, waited a LONG time before getting what I was looking for.

Thanks Subhash, I just test drove it and was impressed with the drive quality but car has not completed its 90K service.

I think, i will look for another one :)

Btw I was under the impression the sports luxury model comes with memory seats and this one didnt

Sid,

Best way to check a genuine Sports Luxury is to check out the photos which show the steering wheel clearly....if there is no single 5th button on the right side for radar cruise control (bottom button), don't bother - check out earlier threads and you'll find there is a wealth of stuff which will help you.

If you've never driven a Lexus before, by and large they ALL give you a fantastic driving experience - BUT beware the shonky SL claims.

PM me if you want to discuss further - I'm Melbourne-based.

Good luck!

BUT beware the shonky SL claims.

+1. A lot of Prestige optioned EMV's are advertised as Sports Luxury on carsales - even by some dealers. Look for the solid Lexus PCS emblem at the front (radar button on left of steering wheel), woodgrain interior, memory seating, HID headlights with washers, parking sensors both back and front, illuminated door sills and there should be three buttons on the side of the steering wheel closest to the door (automatic rear shade, window de-icer and something else which I've forgotten).

The steering wheel should be telescopic when you start the car, it automatically moves into position outwards and tilts and when you switch the car off the steering wheel goes back in as far as it can, this was the only video I could find of it online right at the start when the ISF starts up (fanmade music video lol):

The solid radar emblem + woodgrain should be the easiest signs of distinguishing a SL (this is on a LS460 but the same solid emblem is used for the collision system of the SL): img_1299-copy.jpg

Thanks Boys.

I found another one at Lexus brighton and going to inspect it tomorrow.

http://stock.lexusofbrighton.com.au/details/2009-LEXUS-IS250-15629109

Hopefully, they will be honest with what type of model it is and i'm going to check all the distinctive features.

Cheers :)

P.S. I will PM you subash after inspecting the car tomorrow.

Thanks Boys.

I found another one at Lexus brighton and going to inspect it tomorrow.

http://stock.lexusofbrighton.com.au/details/2009-LEXUS-IS250-15629109

This looks like a sports luxury, always look for the addition button on the right side of the steering wheel at the bottom of the cluster.