European Number Plates On Is250?

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering what you thought of full sized European styled plates on the 2IS - would it look silly? I've seen a few around but I can't make up my mind.

I've got a set on an Accord Euro which I think looks good due to the wide boot and large license plate area but I'm still undeceive with the IS as there's only a small license plate area.

Should I just get standard/slimline personalised plates?

Second-generation IS models in Australia (excluding IS F) have a black, wide but short number plate holder on the front bumper. I used Classic Euro plates on my white 2IS to cover the holder. I would have preferred not to use Euro-style plates on a Japanese car, but I preferred that over the incongruity of a half-exposed mounting bracket. In NSW, both the front and rear plates are 520 mm wide, which is the same width as the "Euro" size plates available from Personalised Plates Queensland.

Personally, I think the 520 mm plate looks like a perfect fit on the bootlid, and doesn't look like a tight squeeze. On your black IS, I think the "Euro Silver" or "Euro Gold" plates, with a black background, would look really nice. Others might argue you should steer well clear from Euro-style plates.

Thanks guys - I don't think it would look that now... Yep, I did notice the front number plate bracket too. Maybe I'll try it out for a bit and change it back if I don't feel it.

Well my front plates are the big euro ones and not one person likes it, including me.

Would you change back to standard plates?

Nah I wouldn't, It doesn't bother me enough to do so.