New Is350 Member

Eddo

Hi All,

I'm Ed. I'm the proud owner of a 2012 mercury grey IS350 F-Sport. This is my first Lexus and I couldn't of asked for a better introduction. I bought it a couple of months ago with 18K Km on the clock from Lexus of Newcastle. It has tinted windows, but no sun roof, which is fine by me. One less thing to worry about in the future if anything goes wrong.

My previous ride was a 2005 Lancer Evo IX. I had it since new and left it 99.99% stock besides a K&N replacement filter, DBA t2 slotted rotors all round and Bendix ultimates. I was sad to let it go but it was time to grow up a little :) .

I've read a couple of threads so far and I've found that to be quiet helpful and i figured it was bee a good way to learn more about the make through others' experiences.

No plans for mods on the IS, but it is tempting. Mainly thinking of an F-sport intake and possibly a cat back exhaust. But one definite mod would be switching all the interior lights and welcome lights to LED. I reckon the standard globes ruins the ambiance a little. :)

Welcome Eddo

Great choice the IS350 F sport, I bought my 2012 F sport in July this year and love everything about it.

This is a great site with plenty of members who know there stuff. B)

Thanks mate.

They are great cars aren't they? One thing I've noticed about the robustness of the interior plastic on the door and dash compared to my old evo is that in the IS, it appears to stain a lot easier. Both are black but in the IS it would appear that if I scrape my elbow on the door trim, or push the door open with the side of my knee, it leaves a white mark, like dry skin. Is it just me and I should carry a pump bottle of moisturiser in the car or it happens to others too?

I have found the same thing happens to mine, have tried to get it off with some armor all but that didn't help, I haven't tried moisturiser yet but will give it a go.

One thing I've noticed about the robustness of the interior plastic on the door and dash compared to my old evo is that in the IS, it appears to stain a lot easier. Both are black but in the IS it would appear that if I scrape my elbow on the door trim, or push the door open with the side of my knee, it leaves a white mark, like dry skin. Is it just me and I should carry a pump bottle of moisturiser in the car or it happens to others too?

Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer will fix it. Carry it in your boot with a terry towel or microfibre cloth. You can also use it to clean your nav system's LCD (or any LCD in your home).