Hi all.

Please post your service cost for the following scheduled services.

30K service.

45K service.

60K service.

Also please state the service center where the service was performed and if you would recommend them.

From prior experience i've found service pricing from dealer to dealer to vary quite a bit.

My experience has been that the prices are within a few dollars of each other between dealerships.

I've also found that the more critical thing is to have a good relationship with one dealer and stick with them - the advantages of having the same staff work on your car each time and fixing up minor things without charge far outweighed the savings of shopping around each time.

• 3 weeks later...

I rang two dealerships for my 45k service. The first one gave me a price of $590, the second one $480 - BIG difference!!

This is what i suspected.BigDenis please tell me which dealers they were.You can PM me if you like.

Hi Tony1234

I have just sent you a private message.

Thanks Denis.I'd be interested to know how the dealer that quoted you $590 justifies charging $110 more????

I guess not many people compare prices. It's the same service at both dealerships, as it was the 45,000km log book service. And sadly, the $590 price was actually at my "regular" Lexus centre.

Hi all.

Please post your service cost for the following scheduled services.

30K service.

45K service.

60K service.

Also please state the service center where the service was performed and if you would recommend them.

From prior experience i've found service pricing from dealer to dealer to vary quite a bit.

Hi Tony,

In Perth we have only one Lexus dealership for the whole of WA, and they supply an excellent service, hence there is no comparison available with another Lexus dealership in WA. The other option is to service at a Toyota dealership which there are many, I am guessing this could be half the cost. Did you manage to get your prices, my next service is at 35,000kms and I am seriously thinking of getting it done at Toyota if the cost service is 50%. Therefore Lexus $600 versus Toyota $300. I have had the first 3 services for FREE at Lexus (one per year) - this was part of the new car deal package, now I have to pay for forthcoming services.