So i got my 2014, is350, and i wanted to know around how many kms until you guys actually need to refuel... mine's like every 300km, barely driven (since it's parked at school)

Thanks!! :)

Hi, nice choice on car.

I get around 5-600km per tank, but totally depends on how I drive it. Also when do you fill up, completely empty, 1/4 or 1/2 empty?

For the past 12 monhts I have averaged 10.5lt/100km, that's half freeway/city driving.

Wow, that is really low... I'd be interested to know how you're measuring 300k.

I did a recent trip to Adelaide and on the long runs to and from Melbourne I got 9.3 and 8.9L /100k - i.e a full tank every 500+km

On the short trips sightseeing (still not in traffic) I got 10.2L/100K.

An IS 350 should be miles better than that.

I picked up my 2014 IS250 end of February and have recorded all petrol purchases in an Android app called aCar. These are my figures:

is250-1.png

It really does depend on how you drive your car. Mine is used 100% in peak hour traffic.

• Like 1

christea, I have found that the IS 350 depends a lot more on where (and when) you drive it, rather than how you drive it. You can drive either in ECO mode with both ECO indicators appearing, or drive aggressively in SPORT/SPORT S mode; but if you're driving a short distance to a school in peak traffic, you are equally likely to consume 16-20 litres per 100 km. That's just 250-310 km between refuelling, if you always refill at 1/4 full.

There are many ways to save fuel consumption, which you can find in many places on the Web - don't be a lead-foot, watch your use of A/C and windows, etc. They all make relatively minor differences. The biggest tips for your new IS 350? Firstly, remember that a new car will consume a little more fuel than expected, until the engine "wears in". Secondly, make sure your tyres are kept to the right inflation; better still, keep them 4-6 psi higher than those indicated on your door frame.

Hi, nice choice on car.

I get around 5-600km per tank, but totally depends on how I drive it. Also when do you fill up, completely empty, 1/4 or 1/2 empty?

For the past 12 monhts I have averaged 10.5lt/100km, that's half freeway/city driving.

I usually wait till it's completely empty, only refuelled it twice, and my wallet is already crying. :((

I did a recent trip to Adelaide and on the long runs to and from Melbourne I got 9.3 and 8.9L /100k - i.e a full tank every 500+km

wait, sorry, i look the odometer.. is that in km? soz... i'm not sure if that's how i'm suppose to....

christea, I have found that the IS 350 depends a lot more on where (and when) you drive it, rather than how you drive it. You can drive either in ECO mode with both ECO indicators appearing, or drive aggressively in SPORT/SPORT S mode; but if you're driving a short distance to a school in peak traffic, you are equally likely to consume 16-20 litres per 100 km. That's just 250-310 km between refuelling, if you always refill at 1/4 full.

There are many ways to save fuel consumption, which you can find in many places on the Web - don't be a lead-foot, watch your use of A/C and windows, etc. They all make relatively minor differences. The biggest tips for your new IS 350? Firstly, remember that a new car will consume a little more fuel than expected, until the engine "wears in". Secondly, make sure your tyres are kept to the right inflation; better still, keep them 4-6 psi higher than those indicated on your door frame.

i'm only allowed to drive it in eco :((, thanks, i'm just hoping it's consumer less, once it "Wears in"

I picked up my 2014 IS250 end of February and have recorded all petrol purchases in an Android app called aCar. These are my figures:

is250-1.png

It really does depend on how you drive your car. Mine is used 100% in peak hour traffic.

sigh, too bad i don't have android :(

I have found that BP Ultimate gives me more fuel per km than other fuels like 7 Eleven, Shell, Caltex, etc

Also depends on what you use to fill up.

I use PULP 98 (BP Ultimate).

I get around 540km per tank on my 2011 IS350.

Using 7 Eleven, Shell, Caltex, etc I only get 500 - 510km sometimes less depending on how i drive.

i normally fill it with Caltex, due to the discount from woolworths, definitely going to give BP a go! Thanks!! :)

wait, sorry, i look the odometer.. is that in km? soz... i'm not sure if that's how i'm suppose to....

I circled what you want to be looking at

20131213_212645_zps97e429a6.jpg

20131213_212645_zps97e429a6.jpg

oh, okay!! thanks!! is that there 24/7 or only there when driving??

oh, okay!! thanks!! is that there 24/7 or only there when driving??

ok, That's not the odometer ! That's the onboard computer displaying an estimate of range.

The number on the right most part of the screen is the Odo. There's usually a trip meter also present on the right corner of the display panel( usually a small black button) , if you press that it cycles between Odo, Trip A and Trip B.

In your photo, it's currently showing Odo. Fill her up full, note the number, then drive and when it comes up with the warning light,head straight for the bowser, fillup again and note the number and the amount of fuel.

Then you can calculate how much it's sipping.

Never said it was the odo?

I believe the OP confused the odo being the range.

No need to over confuse the OP calculating average and range.