Auto-Folding Mirrors.....when Approaching The Vehicle ?

so there is a new "High-End" hyundai which has a feature where when you approach the vehicle (with the KeyFob in your pocket),

the Mirrors automatically Retract, when you're within proximity of the vehicle!, (without pressing unlock/lock or touching the handles),

i have the Auto-Folding kit (supplied by Ashpoint), which is awesome btw!, - definitely worth the $$

just wondering if there was a way to trigger the effect when approaching the vehicle?

• 1 month later...

That is an interesting concept. The car does sense your proximity because the puddle light in the door handle comes on whenever you are near.

On the other hand I often walked past my car on the way to my garage store and maybe I don't want the car unlocked just because of walked past it. (The car is set to auto lock if I don't open the door – but that may not be the ideal).

My initial impression is – what's the big deal, pressing the button to unlock the car? Do we really need the car to sense we are close by and always make the assumption we want the car unlocked?

I suppose that all it would take would be for the Po-40 Folding Mirror Kit to draw its trigger connection from that sensing circuit rather than from the central locking system. I will however, ask the question of the engineer in Bangkok.

Michael

I brought up this subject with the Bangkok engineer over the weekend and he commented that it would be easy to configure the Po-40 Folding Mirror Kit to do exactly as the Hyundai does – but this would mean that the car would be unlocking when you wandered past the car. They have no plans to change the Po-40 kit to do this.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

I brought up this subject with the Bangkok engineer over the weekend and he commented that it would be easy to configure the Po-40 Folding Mirror Kit to do exactly as the Hyundai does – but this would mean that the car would be unlocking when you wandered past the car. They have no plans to change the Po-40 kit to do this.

Michael

Is there a way to Only change when the mirrors "un-Fold", so that they do so when in proximity, (Without the door locking/unlocking doors business that the hyundai has... forgot to mention that lol)

It would be Awesome to walk up to the car, and have the puddle light come on + mirrors Un-fold WITHOUT touching anything (also leaving the car locked until either the key is pressed, or door handle unlock sensor is touched).

so its pretty much just making the kit "Un-Fold" with the puddle light, leaving all other functions as they are.

Is that possible ?

No, I don't agree. With your modification, anyone walking past the car will trigger the mirrors to unfold. Because the car will remain locked, the car will not be issuing the auto-lock command – so, the mirrors will stay out there unfolded (and vulnerable to damage by any passing yahoo).

No, I don't agree. With your modification, anyone walking past the car will trigger the mirrors to unfold. Because the car will remain locked, the car will not be issuing the auto-lock command – so, the mirrors will stay out there unfolded (and vulnerable to damage by any passing yahoo).

i guess you're right, thinking about it now, adding this function the Hyundai has would cause problems,

the Folding Kit ALREADY has several awesome features which are pretty much "Built-in" to the KeyFob", so there's no point in making them open with the puddle mirrors i guess lol,it was just a thought though,

the Kit you supply does offer more features, which doesn't come with the stock Auto-Fold feature (i.e. by using the KeyFob, pressing Lock/Unlock within a second to keep the mirrors retracted, or vice versa to keep the mirrors folded), :P, It's definitely cool to have these extra features built into the "key-Fob" by adding the kit.

is the Kit compatible with the CT200h?

Without knowing the electrical system of the Lexus..... You could just change the trigger from the central locking to the lights on the mirrors which would in theory provide the same result..

• 3 years later...
7 hours ago, a11179a said:

Hi! Ashpoint, the Po-40 can be installed on my Lexus is200t @2015? Thank you!

The last response was from 2014 and Ashpoint hasn't been active since March this year.

Apologies to all for my absence,=. I was hospitalised several times over these lsst onths. ] will ask the technician if a link can connect with the trigger unlocking the car so the Po 40 will alse respoond to the unlock pulse.

Did you try the Po-40 in a car?  It should work.

(Po-40 now $110 inclusive of GST nd local email.

Michael 0418229934