Hi all,

I have visited and read many of the informative posts with interest, I see there are many people who love their new IS 250. I live in Sydney and I have not see too many on the road ( I have seen about 5 in 2 mths), and my eyes light up whenever I spot a new IS250.

I am serious about a purchase shortly (in the next month) and wonder if those of you who have already purchased would like to share if you got a good deal on the car. Maybe just an indication of the discounts a dealer would give on such a new car, and if the dealer offered any resistence.

thanks in advance

Bob

I too have not seen many on the road which is not a good sign.

Car dealers often say the more cars on the road, the more they will sell. People seem to trust volume.

Lexus seems to have a problem in Australia with the IS250 and that is because it is way over-priced in this market compared to the rest of the world.

While the price remained stable in the upgrade from 200 to 250 in other markets, for some reason Lexus Australia thought they could get away with a fairly sizeable price increase.

I've heard their misreading of the market has seriously impacted on the initial sales.

Ha, I can assure you that I am very much a buyer, not a salesman but funnily enough got told by a Lexus dealer to go t BMW cause "you'll be back".

Unknown to me at the time, he quoted a higher speced BMW against the Lexus IS250 I was after to buy. What a sneaky trick.

As a consumer, my personal liking is the IS250 but I won't fo a deal based on emotion. It has to be a good deal or they can F off.

It does concern me that Lexus sales people have to revert to such tactics to get a sale but in my experience, sales service does not improve with the cost of a car.

In fact, in my dealings, I've found the more expensive a car, the more arragant the sales person and the lesser the market share, the more desperate the salesman.

In this area, Lexus sales people are well below the pecking order of BMW, Merc and Audi and therefore need to be treated by the consumer accordingly.

Me a salesman? Ha, ludicrous. But you do come across as a Lexus salesman trying to justify his existence.

• 3 weeks later...

It does concern me that Lexus sales people have to revert to such tactics to get a sale but in my experience, sales service does not improve with the cost of a car.

Hi Lexaus

What is your current ride?

I'm still with a IS200 because I can't find anyone in Lexus Melbourne or Brighton who seems to have a brain capacity capable of comphrending how to keep a previous customer happy.

While a fan of the cars, I am not a fan of their customer service. The way people who have $80k to spend and can't get a deal are treated is laughable.

That being said, I seem to have come across one honest salesman at Blackburn who is prepared to work through my issues (and hey this is 80k it aint chicken feed) and I suspect within the next month or so he will get the business.

I'm happy to raise my offer in 06 for an 06 plated car but buying a 05 car in November 05 or worse still in 06 is like ripping up bills in the shower.

The problem with the November release ... that car lost maybe $6k in tradein value. If you bought an 05 in Nov 05, it lost a grand aweek. If you bought an 05 plated car in Jan or Feb 06, it was already worth 6k less than you paid purely on plate date.

Did someone say I was a BMW salesman earlier? Thats funny. No, sorry to disappoint. I'm just a previous Lexus owner looking out for the bull*BLEEP* sales pitch I got with the last buy.

What a shame Lexus sales people have such a terrible reputation.

I'm still with a IS200 because I can't find anyone in Lexus Melbourne or Brighton who seems to have a brain capacity capable of comphrending how to keep a previous customer happy.

With so many IS250s being sold it is not surprising that very few deals are on offer. In my case, Blackburn were really friendly until I walked in cheque book in hand and sat down to deal. Their offer was insulting, so I drove straight to Brighton and ordered a few hours later. Even ordering a standard Silver/Black IS250 Sport Luxury on 4/Jan I still have to wait until 26/Feb for delivery - over 7 weeks. So with that sort of delivery it is a sellers' market. And reading some UK posts, some models are slipping out to 5 or 6 months. If you want one I would pay-up and get in the queue. Best of luck with your dealings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just ordered the IS250 Prestige 4 Door Sedan 6 Speed Automatic in BLACK with IS250 OPTION PACK.

DVD Satellite Navigation with DVD player, bluetooth capability, reversing monitor camera, premium Mark Levinson 14 speaker audio unit - Sports model $6,600 for a total of $70502 with window tinting and leather protection thrown in as a bonus. Yeh i paid full price for the car and got some extras too so i am pretty happy with that. The service i have been given in the past with my is200 has been out standing. Anyone wanting good service in Sydney try chatswood LEXUS and ask for Pei Wang, she was so professional and a delite to deal with. You will be blown away with her customer service and knowledge.

Palms

Just ordered the IS250 Prestige 4 Door Sedan 6 Speed Automatic in BLACK with IS250 OPTION PACK.

DVD Satellite Navigation with DVD player, bluetooth capability, reversing monitor camera, premium Mark Levinson 14 speaker audio unit - Sports model $6,600 for a total of $70502 with window tinting and leather protection thrown in as a bonus. Yeh i paid full price for the car and got some extras too so i am pretty happy with that. The service i have been given in the past with my is200 has been out standing. Anyone wanting good service in Sydney try chatswood LEXUS and ask for Pei Wang, she was so professional and a delite to deal with. You will be blown away with her customer service and knowledge.

Palms

I can support you on this one Palms i too was served by Pei Wang and found her very helpfull

• 2 weeks later...
Yeh don't be confused with the asian name, she is one quality lady with class. Something you have to see for yourself.

Palms

Wife has taken delivery of Prestige Model from Chatswood with sun roof thrown in. There are many around the North Shore and a few I have seen around town. I loved grey, but silver was chosen. We drove the BMW 325i to compare. Great machine, with some grunt down low, but simply not the value for $$. I have purchased a set of 18's from the US and take delivery in about 3 weeks. Much cheaper than quoted by the dealer. The IS is really good, I am happy and my wife loves it. I met Pei.

DSF

• 2 weeks later...

Well it turns out there are better deals out there. A friend got exactly what i am about to purchase but with 18 inch amg wheels thrown in below what i was about to pay. Off to another dealer to see what i can get it for. I am so glad i didn't put that deposit they were hounding me for. I guess it does pay to shop around.

palms