How Many Is300/is200/altezza In Aus Or Nz?

In late 2001 when I was looking to buy, I had a list of a dozen Altezzas to pick from, spread all around the North Island.

Now, in one newspaper (NZ Herald) there were 25 Altezzas for sale a couple of weeks back!! They are becoming very popular and will be flooding in from Japan as part of our 50000cars/month imported from there.

I see three or four every day driving around Auckland, and at a guess I'd say there are at least five Altezzas for every IS.

You can buy a 98 or 99 Altezza for under $NZ30000 quite easily, but Lexii will still cost over $40000. Any Lexii available would have been sold brand-new here I assume, as Lexus was not badged in Japan, so all our Jap imports will be Altezzas.

Get the official dealer figures for the IS and multiply by five or ten for Altezzas. The answer must be over 1000!

Lexus Sold in Here is either sold as NZ new, or when they are sold used there are either NZ new, singapore or Hong Kong import, there are way more than 1-5 ratio, I see around 6-10 Altezzas a day, and if lucky 1-2 IS200/300, i know that there are aorund 150 IS300 and 250 IS200 in NZ, but Altezza you will be lookin at 4 digits, There are really not such thing as the IS in NZ, because its already out numbered before the IS200/300 MY2002 was out and the promotion really started...so yeah........:D

Matt

I was just wondering how many IS300/IS200 there are in AUS or NZ. Are these all official imports?

I assume the no of Altezza's is very limited, since I doubt that the Lexus/Toyota importer does not sell these.

Alex

At least one in Sydney :P