New Is200T Owner

zomz200t

Hey everyone,

Just picked up a new IS200t EP 2 F-sport in Sonic Titanium with all black interior.

Loving it so far. I plan to do some small tasteful exterior mods.
Just looking at a front & rear lip spoiler.
Maybe a set of new wheels too.

Ive had an is250 in the past, and i have loved the quality and feel of the Lexus.

Im in Melbourne, so if there are any other Melb owners, Im up for a meet/cruise.

Hey everyone,

Just picked up a new IS200t EP 2 F-sport in Sonic Titanium with all black interior.

Loving it so far. I plan to do some small tasteful exterior mods.

Just looking at a front & rear lip spoiler.

Maybe a set of new wheels too.

Ive had an is250 in the past, and i have loved the quality and feel of the Lexus.

Im in Melbourne, so if there are any other Melb owners, Im up for a meet/cruise.

Hi and welcome.

What are your thoughts of the IS200T as compared with the IS250?

Performance,handling etc.What model IS250 did you have?

I previously had a 2012 IS250 Sports Luxury in white.

I havent really had the chance to put the 200t through its paces yet, but so far I'm loving it.
The LFA style dash is really nice change. The first thing i do is turn the boost gauge on. Love watching this thing. (my first turbo car).

The only bad thing i can say about the interior is the joystick thing used to navigate the center console screen. Its annoying to use and it takes up space where i would rather put my phone/glasses etc. I miss the touch screen they had, it was easy to use and much more user friendly.

20160105_133532.thumb.jpg.60b95a1696e12e

Going from the bigger luxury seats to the fitted sports seats is also a nice upgrade. They are very comfortable and provide good support around the sides.

The 200t feels much more responsive in both acceleration and cornering. The sport S+ option is a nice upgraded driving mode. It hardens up the suspension, increases throttle response and tightens the steering. Its a pretty noticeable change going from eco to Sport+ mode. It gives the car a much more aggressive driving experience.
Its a shame this doesn't sound as nice as the 250's V6.  The 200t is pretty quiet and the turbo spool is hardly noticeable, but if you listen carefully you can hear the engine release the turbo pressure when you let go of the throttle.

Im glad i went with the Sonic Titanium, the colour is deep and the underlying metallic really shows off the lines of the car in the sun. I got the "opulent" interior and exterior protector, but only time will tell whether its worth it or really does anything.
The front grill looks tough, so I've ordered a number plate relocator that will be installed into the tow hook screw. I think it will make the front grill look a lot better without the big vicroads rego plate there.

Ive also ordered a new front lip, and rear lip spoiler. Im going to have them painted in Sonic titanium when they arrive.
The front and rear lips came as part of a full body kit i ordered, but I'm not too keen on the rest of it. (ill put these up for sale if anyone is interested - side skirts, vip spoiler, and rear diffuser).

So far I'm really loving the car. It's what i expected from Lexus, which is why I chose it.

Now to find a set of wheels with the right fitment, Im not keen on touching the suspension so i need to find a set that will look good without lowering the car.

Any recommendations?

Now i just need time to go for a long cruise and see how much fun I can have in this thing!
Looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...