RX350 Navigation DVD

Hi Bucephalus, i was a radtech A (1967-87)  Iwas a williiamtown twice , Butterworth twice, Amberley and supcom. I grew up in Busselton, now live NSW Central Coast

On 9/10/2019 at 2:59 PM, helnandez said:

It looks like 2010 is not free upgradable, even with DVD cloned.

I cannot find USB activating, where can I find the USB activation?

dvd upgrade.PNG

Finally I managed to upgrade my 2010 R350 to 2016 V22 map version.

Here is the photo to show the location of Gen3 DVD slot location. JESUS!!!

Actually it doesn't require the USB activation, maybe Australian model is different from US model

Thank you all

mmexport1568330540910.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I need some help.

I have an RX450H manufactured in 2012 (so the "2013 model") and want to update the maps. I have the disk from Navigation Systems Australia but I can't find the DVD drive. It's not in the centre console as per the image in Helnandez's post above - there's just a DVD-drive sized void. Not in the boot (there is a DVD-drive sized box but there are no slots or anything). In desperation I tried inserting the disk in the entertainment system but it didn't like that.

When clicking to update maps on the system screen the message is insert a DVD or USB. Could it be that there is no navigation drive and the maps are on a USB somewhere? If so, where? Can I copy the DVD to a USB stick and stick that in the USB socket?

So many questions... thanks for any answers.

Thanks James. Unfortunately there are hundreds of videos and how-tos out there but I haven't found a single one for my specific model. I'm beginning to think this is a dealer-only installation. 😞

Hi again Paul, you wrote, in part ” Not in the boot (there is a DVD-drive sized box but there are no slots or anything). “

From memory, in the boot, there’s a face-plate with two tabs; one at each end, which, when pushed down allow the face-plate to be removed. Behind the face-plate MAY be the DVD. You could also check under both front seats.

Just located this on Whirlpool Forums; MAY be useful despite referring to 350:

I just had my car picked up today for the schedule service and asked the driver where the gps reader was; told him my brief story about the wrong information and literally couldn't find it. Any one who has a 2009 to 2012 3rd generation Lexus RX 350; will find that the GPS reader is located at the bottom section underneath the centre console where there is a 12 volt outlet, sort of like a tray where you can put things. There is a black piece of plastic with grooves which you will need to use a flat head screwdriver to remove. Once that is done, you will have direct access to updating the GPS of the car. 

Thanks for your help, gentlemen - it's appreciated. Unfortunately I keep drawing blanks.

Lexus or igo interface? Lexus. I don't have the lane directions shown in the image on that page.

The box in the boot is definitely not it. It's actually a little bit narrower than a DVD, has a screwed-on cover on the side facing aft, big brackets at either end, and a very big connector on the side facing under the back seat. I think it's part of the energy control system. See attached image. It's nothing like the DVD player in my previous RX.

Whirlpool: Yes, I assumed my DVD drive was in that location (as per the photo a few posts above). However, on removing the cover there is no DVD drive in there - just an empty space. This is particularly galling as I was going to open it up, but saw the image above, thought "that's the same as mine" then went ahead and ordered the disk. Luckily I only got V25 which cost $50.

If either of you could use the disk, it's yours to pickup in Perth (northern suburbs) or $10 to cover postage. I won't attempt to upload it as my internet is both slow and erratic.

IMG_1917.JPG

• 4 months later...

I have the RX 450H 2010 

I used the Bazzle link above

Downloaded IMGBurn

Extract the Rar file 

Write iso image file to disc

Set at 4 X speed

I used + R+ DVD

It worked, maps went from V16 to V22

Thanks Bazzle.

If someone can link a later version after V 22  that would be noice!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 8:16 AM, bazzle said:

Thanks, @bazzle. Could easily burn the ISO. Will try to use it but I have the DVD from that *BLEEP*ty NavtigationAU website stuck in my Lexus DVD player. I have 2011 RX450h model and the player in under the hollow console. The DVD surface was not that good but I, stupidly, still tried it. The system couldn't read it and now showing an error screen. The whole system is down because of this, no audio, no BT, nothing.

Anybody knows how to take the DVD out? Lexus will charge to get the DVD out.

20201103_162713.jpg

11 hours ago, bazzle said:

I had that happen once some time back. Turned off ignition and kept hitting eject as I turned on a few times. Came out in the end.

Thanks again, @bazzle. It worked and got the faulty DVD out. Imagine Lexus charges approx $100 for that.

Used the DVD with your v22 ISO and it worked perfectly well. 👍

I hope someone can provide an ISO for v25 - v27 (2019 - 2021).

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2020 at 1:11 AM, newington07 said:

Thanks again, @bazzle. It worked and got the faulty DVD out. Imagine Lexus charges approx $100 for that.

Used the DVD with your v22 ISO and it worked perfectly well. 👍

I hope someone can provide an ISO for v25 - v27 (2019 - 2021).

I burnt it to an DVD+R Dual Layer and it works. However, it is slower than original v22 - it takes time to load when you start the vehicle, every time...

The latest version is V27 I believe but I could not find the iso...

A while ago, I used to update the map and burnt that to two single layer dvds, as instructed by some post I cannot remember the link. That worked well as I started vehicle using the first dvd and when everything loaded, I changed to the other. However, it turned into drama when I changed the battery!!! The system could not load anymore and I could not eject the 2nd dvd. Eventually I took the dvd unit out and dismentled the unit, then took the dvd out... It was terrible...

IMG_20210115_110646.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 9/13/2019 at 9:28 AM, helnandez said:

Finally I managed to upgrade my 2010 R350 to 2016 V22 map version.

Here is the photo to show the location of Gen3 DVD slot location. JESUS!!!

Actually it doesn't require the USB activation, maybe Australian model is different from US model

Thank you all

mmexport1568330540910.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing this information. I am owning a RX350 2009 Model (3rd gen) and i was looking this map dvd location for more than a month. 

Cheeers 

• 2 years later...

Just for those where it hadn't worked. Usually best to use DVD -  disc.  BUT YOU MUST burn it in it's original ISO format. You download a program called Image Burn and use that to burn your disc. Works everytime.