Towbar for a 2014 IS350F (in Sydney)

Has anyone had a non std Lexus towbar fitted to a 2014 IS350F? If so where?

Hayman Reece make one for a 07/2017 onwards IS250 but I cannot find a Sydney stockist who has fitted one to an IS350 (and no one wants to take the chance).

Probably no help but I saw a IS 250 this was a 2011 model in Moruya with a tow bar, they have the same chassis as 350,s and ISF ,it looked good as far as tow bars you would swear it was factory. It will only have a small towing capacity probably max 5-700kg, if I see the car again I will try to find the owner (small town ) cheers and let us know how you go. Your model will have the same chassis were the tow bar hooks up to.

Thanks 2bling but I need to find a stockist that has actually fitted one to a IS350. Hayman Reece make them for a IS250 (both pre and post 2013) but do not specify that they fit a IS350 (even though we know they are the same body). Because it is not specified for a IS350 the 1/2 dozen fitters I rang said that they would not risk fitting it as it is not actually specified for a IS350 only an IS250.  

• 5 weeks later...

On 4/30/2019 at 11:37 AM, Alexusander said:

IS350s are not supposed to be used for towing, according to my owner's manual (2011). I assume it has something to do with the transmission 'tune' / set-up.

Actually this applies to the 2IS 6-speed - not sure if it's the same for 3IS 8-speed auto.