BLK ISF

Hi all, just thought id share something new added to my ISF a few days back in case anyone else is in the position and thinking about it.

As per the pics, i changed over my OEM engine mounts (1 was ok but the other was worn, alot of freeplay) and i could see that when the engine was revved, the engine flex was quite alot.  Consistent with the video RR Racing has put out showcasing their engine mounts.

They are a serious bit of gear, very solid build, look great (even though you'll hardly see them).  If you are environmentally friendly you wont be happy.  They came wrapped in countless amounts of plastic lol but well packaged nonetheless lol.

Got the same place who fitted my PPE headers to install them for me (yes its ideal to change the mounts over at the same time as a header install as the sub frame is lowered) but my mounts at the time was ok.

Anyways, my initial impressions (i am happy):

• Cold start ups are awesome.  Already with headers, exhaust etc its loud, but the mounts make it feel that little bit more raw.  I can feel the vibration but its not excessive.  A non car person may not even notice im sure you all would :-)
  • Throttle response does feel a bit more snappier, more instant.  Its not like a throttle controller etc but the drive under more aggressive driving feels more engaged, no engine flex or hesitation
  • Vibration is very noticeable (a bit too much for my liking) when the car is in gear and stationary such as at a set of lights, drive thru etc.  This is with the aircon off and headlights off.  Lucky for my most of my driving, i leave the aircon on so not a big deal.
  • Ive seen other videos of other cars with engine mount replacements and the noise was alot louder, almost like a straight cut gearbox.  I can only hear a minor increase in noise at low speeds but its subtle.  The headers drowns all of that out.

500rpm seems to be magic number for me.  At this RPM, vibration is very noticeable.  With aircon on, my RPM increases to about 700 and the vibration is nowhere as excessive.  Same with driving at night or in my case heading to work each morning about 5am.  Turning on my lights increase my RPM to about low 600's so the vibration is not that bad.

Everyone always wants to know how much so ill let you know.

$250 USD on special as per their site

$68 USD fed ex postage = Basically $320ish USD.

Thanks to our amazing AU$ (yes im being sarcastic), it was $474AU landed 😞

20190815_110426.jpg

20190730_153925.jpg

20190815_101700.jpg

20190815_101919.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/18/2019 at 10:00 AM, LTuned said:

They do look impressive.

Cheers John, yeah in the flesh they are very solid, you can see a lot of TLC went into the design, quality etc.  As per the pics, RR was very specific about shielding them from the heat with the material supplied etc so as long as they are fitted correctly using that stuff, i cant see these ones failing.

I was actually shocked though at the price of OEM ones.  I expected a higher price but was quoted $123.50 each so about 1/2 the price of the RR ones (low exchange rate and freight charges is what kills it when ordering anything from the states).

Anyways a week one and all is good.  Kind of feel like there has been some settling in.  I can feel the vibration enough to remind me but nothing over the top.  Throttle in various situations does feel more engaged, more connected.  Minimal increase in noise but really its miniscule as all noises from car is drowned out by the headers lol.

So overall still happy how its going 

12 hours ago, 2bling said:

They defiantly look solid, where did you get the $123.50 quote from cheers. 

Parramatta Lexus. Supplied my VIN to minimise any confusion pricing the wrong part etc. 

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:52 AM, BLK ISF said:

Cheers John, yeah in the flesh they are very solid, you can see a lot of TLC went into the design, quality etc.  As per the pics, RR was very specific about shielding them from the heat with the material supplied etc so as long as they are fitted correctly using that stuff, i cant see these ones failing.

I was actually shocked though at the price of OEM ones.  I expected a higher price but was quoted $123.50 each so about 1/2 the price of the RR ones (low exchange rate and freight charges is what kills it when ordering anything from the states).

Anyways a week one and all is good.  Kind of feel like there has been some settling in.  I can feel the vibration enough to remind me but nothing over the top.  Throttle in various situations does feel more engaged, more connected.  Minimal increase in noise but really its miniscule as all noises from car is drowned out by the headers lol.

So overall still happy how its going  

They do look well made, but been RR Racing you would expect them to be.  heat shielding on the engine mounts, they have thought of everything.  They sound like a good mod.  If my engine mounts ever go I’ll look at the RR ones.   The OEM mounts are reasonably priced.