Whats Your Next Mod?

Whats your next mod gonna be?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I Probably buy an C-One or TRD airfilter. My dealer strongly recommends them and says that a small performance gain can be achieved. By the way , for about HKD600 - 650 (USD80) not much can be lost. Also, these filters are re-useable :rolleyes:

Or, I just get me a cheap HKS filter for HKD600 (USD80) :blink: Anyone good experiences with these?

Thanks,

Alex

Edited by LsportlineIS300

Looking at sourcing a Front Strut brace and drilled/slotted rotors,but in the next couple days will hopefully be installing a computer to guage 0-100 times,braking forces, acceleration G's,lap times,and est horsepower throughout the rev range....

Ultimate mod would have to be that supercharge kit the UK lads are using!! B)

Looking at sourcing a Front Strut brace and drilled/slotted rotors,but in the next couple days will hopefully be installing a computer to guage 0-100 times,braking forces, acceleration G's,lap times,and est horsepower throughout the rev range....

Ultimate mod would have to be that supercharge kit the UK lads are using!! B)

Hi Gavin

Apparently drilled disks are to be avoided because u get stress fractures between the holes untill ur disk cracks.

Thank for the input-would that be related to the type of pad used?As of yet none sourced locally,so perhaps shall re-direct my thinking to just slotted...

Perhaps some of the UK lads runnin EBC gear can help us with their feedback?

Cheers,

Gav.

Matthew_McNally

I saw in your sign that your car is from 2001.

Aren't your calipers covered under warranty? In Hong Kong, where I am, they may be not customer friendly, but I heard that in Europe they will do everything??? to make their existing customers happy.

Just want to know what your next mods is gonna be, for me? I think Lsportline Exhaust Is goning to be mine next Mod.

Matt

Fluffy Dice for the rear view mirror :P :P

Nice car you got there Steven :D, Our NZ club need some of those Club Decals.

Also, when you painted the calipers, did you took the whole caliper out or did ya just painted and warpped it with plastic bag like i did?

matt

Just want to know what your next mods is gonna be, for me? I think Lsportline Exhaust Is goning to be mine next Mod.

Matt

Also, when you painted the calipers, did you took the whole caliper out or did ya just painted and warpped it with plastic bag like i did?

matt

When I paint calipers, I usually remove them from the vehicle for easy access. However, with the Lexus, I decided to mask off the surrounding areas as I did not want to disturb the ABS connection and brake lines. Would have been quicker to remove them from the vehicle then masking :P Didn't want to get paint on the bodywork. I used a caliper spray rather then a brush on paint to get a smoother finish.

Matt

matt

When I paint calipers, I usually remove them from the vehicle for easy access. However, with the Lexus, I decided to mask off the surrounding areas as I did not want to disturb the ABS connection and brake lines. Would have been quicker to remove them from the vehicle then masking :P Didn't want to get paint on the bodywork. I used a caliper spray rather then a brush on paint to get a smoother finish.

So Yeah, You've probly done it the same way like I have.

-Take the Wheel Out

-Clean Caliper

-Use Plastic Bag / newspaper to surround other area

-spray caliper with paint

-let it dry

-take plastic bag out

-put wheel back on

right? BTW where did you get your caliper stickers? Flatline of is300.net? also what kind of wheels do you have on your car? is it the graphite polished or chromed polished, I wish Lexus New Zealand would make them available to us, I hate thi scountry when it comes to car parts.

Matthew

Matt

matt

-Take the Wheel Out

-Clean Caliper

-let it dry

-take plastic bag out

-put wheel back on

right? BTW where did you get your caliper stickers? Flatline of is300.net? also what kind of wheels do you have on your car? is it the graphite polished or chromed polished, I wish Lexus New Zealand would make them available to us, I hate thi scountry when it comes to car parts.

Matthew

The wheels on the limited edition yellow are the graphite. Caliper stickers were from Steve at LOC UK.

Matt

matt

-Take the Wheel Out

-Clean Caliper

-let it dry

-take plastic bag out

-put wheel back on

Matthew

The wheels on the limited edition yellow are the graphite. Caliper stickers were from Steve at LOC UK.

Hey Steven. Where do you live man? I want your wheels, and it will be gone gone gone...to me :D JKS...OMG I will do anything for graphite wheels....... :(

Matt

Matt

matt

-Take the Wheel Out

-Clean Caliper

-let it dry

-take plastic bag out

-put wheel back on

Matthew

Hey Steven. Where do you live man? I want your wheels, and it will be gone gone gone...to me :D JKS...OMG I will do anything for graphite wheels....... :(

Matt

I'm in Australia :ph34r:

Matt

matt

-Take the Wheel Out

-Clean Caliper

-let it dry

-take plastic bag out

-put wheel back on

Matthew

Matt

I'm in Australia :ph34r:

thats alot of quote boxes :D

but my next mod, after seeing that c-one kit...i think thatll have to be it