Fuel - Unleaded Or Premium For Is200

hi...

I just purchased an 2002 IS200 sports lux....am wondering if I should switch from premium to unleaded? Is this advisable as the previous owner mentioned she had been using premium all the while? I'm sticking to premium at the mo but have not noticed anything beneficial in terms of fuel economy / performance ..

I don't know much about cars...hehehe so any advice is appreciated here.. :)

For the IS200, 91 RON fuel is completely fine. It was designed to run on it, but of course using higher octane fuel is never a bad thing. I would use regular unleaded if I were you purely because it's cheaper. Of course, if you're planning to do any track work or "spirited driving", higher octane is the way to go, but for normal driving, 91 RON is the way to go :)

For the IS200, 91 RON fuel is completely fine. It was designed to run on it, but of course using higher octane fuel is never a bad thing. I would use regular unleaded if I were you purely because it's cheaper. Of course, if you're planning to do any track work or "spirited driving", higher octane is the way to go, but for normal driving, 91 RON is the way to go :)

This month's RACV magazine has an interesting article on the benefits of 91, 95 and 98 RON fuels. In summary, go with the minimum RON recommended by the manufacturer. The higher octanes don't appear to be real value for money.