Can you daily the new IS300 and compared to AWD

Hi guys! I am looking to purchase a new Lexus IS300 f Sport RWD 2021 model. With adaptive suspension. 2.0L Turbo doing 180KW/240HP.

My Main Question in a Bullet point:

• Is this car SAFE to use DAILY in rainy, twisty, and some gravel conditions for someone who is new to RWD and coming from AWD Subarus?
  • How would you compare it to AWD like Subaru WRX 2022
  • Does it lose traction easily, specially on a rainy day on a corner?
  • Any recommendations for tyres currently has Bridgestone Potenza S003L 

After lot of research and minimal information I am looking for answers from real world drivers and would appreciate it before I purchase in few day!

About my main question...

I am from New Zealand, and we have pretty bad weather at times (primarily heavy rain in the current season and cold winters but no snow in my town) and wanted to know if I can safely daily this car. We have lots of twisty narrow roads and sometimes gravel roads taking you to the adventurous place in New Zealand.

I have always been driving Subarus, such as the Legacy or WRX great AWD system and have been confident around the corners and while overtaking on the highway. I am a heavy-footed driver and love some spirited driving and taking some sharp corners. The new Subaru WRX Wagon 2022 model is all so an option.

This will be my first RWD car, as a daily I have had an unfortunate moment in a Nissan Silvia S13.

I have test-driven the Lexus, and it feels well grounded and did lose some traction when pushing it, but traction control always kicked on. 

I am now married and expecting kids down the road. I love Lexus's reliability and the way it drives overall. However, want to ensure I put my hard-earned money in the right place. It’s either the IS or WRX or some boring SUV. Safety is important though.

Unfortunately, there is no AWD in New Zealand. I am planning to buy in few day's time 😬

I look forward to your reply and suggestions!

modern rwd cars arent as bad

drive it sensible and you wont have problems

you have all the safety stability and tcs to help you out 

but generally RWD have much higher grip than you would think 

also they are easy to control vs a awd in heavy wet situations such as hydro plane situations

4 hours ago, ilv1004s said:

modern rwd cars arent as bad

drive it sensible and you wont have problems

you have all the safety stability and tcs to help you out 

but generally RWD have much higher grip than you would think 

also they are easy to control vs a awd in heavy wet situations such as hydro plane situations

Thanks for the reply mate have you had experience with them? Also how Lexus for maintenance cost etc.