Small Dents

Early this year the child of a lady who parked next to me opened his door and whacked the side of Greeneyes quite firmly. The lady was stunningly honest (in a supermarket carpark in Pakuranga!) and wrote a note apologising and offering to pay.

The dent was about 15mm long and a few mm deep, right on the mid-crease edge of the rear passenger door.

I pictured stripping the door, or maybe just grinding out the dent and filling it, then painting the whole door and probaly not having it match! Starting price $500. Her husband worked in the car industry and said to try 'dents plus'

I'd never heard of them, although I'd seen 'the paintless dent company' and wondered how they worked, so I gave them a go. A gent came around home, stuck a mirror on the door by the dent, popped the wiring loom grommet out of the rear door and inserted a long curved aluminium rod. While we chatted he worked at the dent from the inside, changed the rod a couple of times, and after he cut the white paint off half an hour later the dent had vanished completely!!

Cost was $90! and the car looked as good as new. So, any dents that don't have the paint cracked can be removed like this, money well spent.

(because the lady was so honest I went halves on the cost with her. Now I never take it to Pakuranga, the car parks are too small!)

Early this year the child of a lady who parked next to me opened his door and whacked the side of Greeneyes quite firmly. The lady was stunningly honest (in a supermarket carpark in Pakuranga!) and wrote a note apologising and offering to pay.

The dent was about 15mm long and a few mm deep, right on the mid-crease edge of the rear passenger door.

I pictured stripping the door, or maybe just grinding out the dent and filling it, then painting the whole door and probaly not having it match! Starting price $500. Her husband worked in the car industry and said to try 'dents plus'

I'd never heard of them, although I'd seen 'the paintless dent company' and wondered how they worked, so I gave them a go. A gent came around home, stuck a mirror on the door by the dent, popped the wiring loom grommet out of the rear door and inserted a long curved aluminium rod. While we chatted he worked at the dent from the inside, changed the rod a couple of times, and after he cut the white paint off half an hour later the dent had vanished completely!!

Cost was $90! and the car looked as good as new. So, any dents that don't have the paint cracked can be removed like this, money well spent.

(because the lady was so honest I went halves on the cost with her. Now I never take it to Pakuranga, the car parks are too small!)

Yeah, I had 2 of those dents on my car now, no one ever turn up to show that they did it, I hate these people these day with a 4X4 and thin they can do anything....:(

Matt