What? No Leather On Nz New Is200?

Hey Guys:

As most of you know Keiths obssesion with Leather Seats...Today i saw a IS200 With No Leather...Ont eh rego its said "2000 Lexus AS200 AT SEDAN" AS200??? Altezza??? But I found out tis not, Its got the Lexus Badging, Number plate frame (euro Style) Lexus Alarm Stickers...Antenna and also inside steering wheel badeg is also lexus, So its not a Altezza Badge car, same thing but I never knew they made a Lexus IS200 here with no leather...Also its got a TRD Front Lip Spoiler....and i gave them a card...but no one was inside......so whoever that owners is show up and let us knw where you get this car.......thanks...

Matt

my 2001 is200 has no leather seats

I Know some of they have the non-leather seats version on the IS200 in other parts of the world...I've seen them in Hong Kong, and I also realise that the Special Edition IS200 they had back in 2001 has no leather as well, but as far as I know all NZ ones has leather, maybe that was a Australian Import......

Matt

What do you mean with no leather? Also not suede leather? Most Altezza's and IS200/300 I have seen have leather or partial leather. A lot of people who like to race do not like leather, it's too slippery.

However, leather gives a more high class feeling, ... :rolleyes:

Alex

What do you mean with no leather? Also not suede leather? Most Altezza's and IS200/300 I have seen have leather or partial leather. A lot of people who like to race do not like leather, it's too slippery.

However, leather gives a more high class feeling, ... :rolleyes:

Alex

Its just has cloth.........

Matt

AU spec IS200 standard version does not come with leather seats.

seats are manually adjusted, no heating , no metal padels, no metal scuff plates, no dark rear windows, no 17" (16" wheels only), no LSD in 6MT, .. Also the steering wheel is all black, rather than 2 tone(Lux-sport).

So maybe the one u see is an AU import!?

SSML

AU spec IS200 standard version does not come with leather seats.

seats are manually adjusted, no heating , no metal padels, no metal scuff plates, no dark rear windows, no 17" (16" wheels only), no LSD in 6MT, .. Also the steering wheel is all black, rather than 2 tone(Lux-sport).

So maybe the one u see is an AU import!?

SSML

Yeah I think it would be a AU Import...But it's got the sport package and 17" Alloy Wheels.....(2 Tone Leather Steering Wheel, metal ball, scuff plates, etc) and has tint windows......yeah i think thats what it is...because we never sold a IS200 here with no leather....:)

Matt

I think in general you find variations in different cars and what was ordered at factory.....It is common for people to not want leather for personal reasons. Apaerently my car had leather seats too but were removed either after purchase or before got to NZ as it had leather as an option from the japenese papers.......

Who ever removed them didn't know how much I would have wanted them.............. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I think in general you find variations in different cars and what was ordered at factory.....It is common for people to not want leather for personal reasons. Apaerently my car had leather seats too but were removed either after purchase or before got to NZ as it had leather as an option from the japenese papers.......

Who ever removed them didn't know how much I would have wanted them.............. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

So Hayden How do you know your car had leather on before you bought it?

Matt