Limited Slip Diff

From what I have found on the toyota japan website it says the 6M/T RS200 doesnt have LSD but the 6M/T RS200Z and L editions do. The auto RS200 and RS200z had the LSD as an option but the L edition had one.

In the AS200 4A/T it shows there were no LSD in any of the editions, But the 6M/T had LSD on all 3 editions.

The LSDs are the Torrsen type, not that I know what that means.

From what I have found on the toyota japan website it says the 6M/T RS200 doesnt have LSD but the 6M/T RS200Z and L editions do. The auto RS200 and RS200z had the LSD as an option but the L edition had one.

In the AS200 4A/T it shows there were no LSD in any of the editions, But the 6M/T had LSD on all 3 editions.

The LSDs are the Torrsen type, not that I know what that means.

Hi,

From what I know none of the 99 - 01 Model year has LSD, but from the 02 Model year L Editions RS has Torsen LSD...

Matt B)

I know it's an oddity,but I have an LSD with the Auto trans on the 6 cyl. Unsure what breed it may be but it was fitted at the factory,so I assume one can be fitted to any spec car(if available)...well worth it too!

your one is a special edition, since its got 160kw stock I wouldnt be suprise...

Matt B)

What exactly does an lsd do, I should know by now, I've done a fear few drifts and heavy acceleration leading to loss of traction (skids) in the past and im pretty dam sure mine has a lsd from the way in which it reacts and its a 1999. please be careful when attempting this for your first time (on closed circuits obviously ;) ;) ), as I nearly rode my car off going around a corner in the the wet, grabing a generous amount of clutch and dumping it!!!.......not again.

can anybody confirm, a RS200z has a model number GF-SXE10-AEFVF-Z , the Z is my reason for thinking this model number is the Z version obviousily, this is the top number on the vin plate.........?????

Cant find any info on this on internet.

cheers

What exactly does an lsd do, I should know by now, I've done a fear few drifts and heavy acceleration leading to loss of traction (skids) in the past and im pretty dam sure mine has a lsd from the way in which it reacts and its a 1999. please be careful when attempting this for your first time (on closed circuits obviously ;) ;) ), as I nearly rode my car off going around a corner in the the wet, grabing a generous amount of clutch and dumping it!!!.......not again.

can anybody confirm, a RS200z has a model number GF-SXE10-AEFVF-Z , the Z is my reason for thinking this model number is the Z version obviousily, this is the top number on the vin plate.........?????

Cant find any info on this on internet.

cheers

I can feel LSD on not very quick turns...when I turn at around 30 / 40km while accerlerating you can feel and hear the wheel making a burning noise, my dealer said that nothing but the LSD. Instead os sounding like the wheel is out of control, it is gripping the road with the tires even more...that what I have heard...the IS wont really let you do much stuff...it is too computer controlled you cant do a handbrake corner really well, when it needs to it steers itself...like the other night when I was 1/2 asleep i kerb the car while driving and suddenly the car makes this beeping noise and helps me steer...weird....

Matt B)

Kerbed it!! Lol matt, u is a real Azin!! Anyway, to add confusion, there are also two diff ratios. The manuals & 4spd autos have a 4.3:1 and the 5spd auto has a 4.1:1 (ie gearing is higher) The RS200Z manual is geared too low in my estimation, pulling 3400rpm at 120kph in 6th. It really needs to be only doing about 3000rpm at that speed, with 6th as a proper overdrive.

Anyway, a good LSD will only power both wheels under acceleration. So when you lift off going into a corner the wheels can easily turn at different rates and this reduces understeer. However when you accelerate the power through the gears locks the little clutches up and it drives both wheels. This stops the inside wheel spinning and you losing all the power. It also means the tail slides out and its a lot of fun!!

4rollin, all those numbers are explained somewhere on the net, 'cos I read them. Just can't find where I wrote it down :(

keith

to see what I found from the toyota japan website use the link, you may have to do some translation using the babelfish translation software, the specs marked with the green squares are the standard features and the orange ones are the optional parts with the extra cost in japanesse yen.

japanesse altezza specs

you will see the letters LSD amongst the japanesse symbols, that is the line to look at.

to see what I found from the toyota japan website use the link, you may have to do some translation using the babelfish translation software, the specs marked with the green squares are the standard features and the orange ones are the optional parts with the extra cost in japanesse yen.

japanesse altezza specs

you will see the letters LSD amongst the japanesse symbols, that is the line to look at.

Aaron, thats the 04 Models...No Altezza have LSD until the 02 Production year...which are vehicles made 2001.08 on wards...I will see if I can find anything about the 98 MY Ones...

Matt B)