1g-fe Air Filters

Hi Guys,

My posts got wiped when the system was down.

I can't seem to find a re-usable filter hear in Nelson.

Toyota Nelson got one in for me but it was square not shaped like a letter "L". Must have been for the 4cylinder engine. Guy told me to change my air box so I could use it!!! ya right!!

Matt I think you said to use a TRD or Trust?

Also my rear exhaust is a stainless straight through type, sounds ok, but a real drone on the open road. Sounds the loudest at around the 100km mark or if I kick down going up hill etc. Real pain in the arse. Everything else is standard up to the manifold. What is my best option to have a nice sound without the pen road noise? <_<

Cheers

Heya GRE,I got a trust element(l shaped) for my 1gfe a while ago-these are a re-useable foam element and i highly recommend them unless you are going to opt for a pod type setup later on.(noticeable difference in throttle response.)

the TRD i believe is reuseable,but is still a paper element??

The trust will cost ya around 130 nz$,and is well worth every penny-Matt Lai is about to head overseas so may I suggest PM'ing him to order one for his return.

My suggestion would be to have a resonator placed mid exhaust on your car-this will lower the note at those annoying 100kph speeds.....without affecting free flow.

Hope this may help.

Gav. :gav:

regards,

gav.

I will see if its possible to obtain a Trust Filter for the IS200 / AS200. Had a hard to finding one last time...there are not many breed like gavin out there in this world that mod IS200..lolz...a TRD filter I can get alot more easily...if you want more power but less noise on your exhaust the TRD, Toms Barrel and Blitz Nur Spec is the way to go...

heres abit info on the filters...

Trust...Double Layer Foam...Yellow...Needs to be cleaned reoiled every service...(Extremely Hard to obtain)

TRD...Paper, better filtering quality...Paper.(Possible to get one on order from Japan)

Matt :D

Edited by LsportlineIS300