Plastic Headlights!

My dealer in Paeroa found a pair of fibreglass headlight surrounds that are more legal than my vinyl greeneyes, so I put green vinyl on them and double-taped them on. Imagine my surprise when I was cleaning the headlights with meths and realised that they are plastic, not glass!

There are posts on the UK Club's forums about putting them in an oven to get them apart for fitting the BMW 'angel eyes', and I assumed they were glass. I suppose polycarbonate can take that heat, and doesn't smash from stones any easier than glass does.

Yesterday was great. I went down to Rotorua and back in a day, all the usual back roads with no cops. After 2hours we had done 203km, both down then back in the rain, and that included driving slowly through Matamata, Morrinsville and a few more small towns. The speedo needle goes past the end mark on the speedo, still accelerating strongly in 5th, never mind 6th! The 440km averaged 9.3L/100km, or 30mpg for Zee! Plenty of 5000rpm plus in that too!

Just a brilliant GT Touring car!:D :D

keith

new Greeneyes

My dealer in Paeroa found a pair of fibreglass headlight surrounds that are more legal than my vinyl greeneyes, so I put green vinyl on them and double-taped them on. Imagine my surprise when I was cleaning the headlights with meths and realised that they are plastic, not glass!

There are posts on the UK Club's forums about putting them in an oven to get them apart for fitting the BMW 'angel eyes', and I assumed they were glass. I suppose polycarbonate can take that heat, and doesn't smash from stones any easier than glass does.

Yesterday was great. I went down to Rotorua and back in a day, all the usual back roads with no cops. After 2hours we had done 203km, both down then back in the rain, and that included driving slowly through Matamata, Morrinsville and a few more small towns. The speedo needle goes past the end mark on the speedo, still accelerating strongly in 5th, never mind 6th! The 440km averaged 9.3L/100km, or 30mpg for Zee! Plenty of 5000rpm plus in that too!

Just a brilliant GT Touring car!:D :D

keith

new Greeneyes

Good work Keith, they look mint...

Matt :)

Not really..

I bought the car "for" my wife two years ago now, as a Christmas present. (Like her giving me a new set of pots & pans I suppose...) When I picked the car with that colour I thought of Craig Lowndes Ford Bathurst car and had the guys in Paeroa put green vinyl on the headlights to make it stand out. The car was delivered on Xmas day, and I thought the vinyl would come off in a month or two, but somehow it seems to have become a feature. Certainly stands out in traffic!

Ryan my son wants green glow wire around the grille & green undercar floros... :lol:

Zee, if you're down here next year it would be great to see you! Can you fit a TDI turbo kit in your hand luggage?:D :D

keith

Not really..

I bought the car "for" my wife two years ago now, as a Christmas present. (Like her giving me a new set of pots & pans I suppose...) When I picked the car with that colour I thought of Craig Lowndes Ford Bathurst car and had the guys in Paeroa put green vinyl on the headlights to make it stand out. The car was delivered on Xmas day, and I thought the vinyl would come off in a month or two, but somehow it seems to have become a feature. Certainly stands out in traffic!

Ryan my son wants green glow wire around the grille & green undercar floros... :lol:

Zee, if you're down here next year it would be great to see you! Can you fit a TDI turbo kit in your hand luggage?:D :D

keith

arhhh.....i finally get it now...i remember those Frod V8 have them...

Matt :)