New Gita Owner

Hi folks

Took delivery of my Gita yesterday, May 2002 model, L edition with factory leather, nav and HIDs in silver, 10 000 Ks.

A question - do the Altezza's have any form of security system tied to the remote locking ? - I'm looking for an immobiliser as a minimum. If not what would you recommend ?

jeff

Hi folks

Took delivery of my Gita yesterday, May 2002 model, L edition with factory leather, nav and HIDs in silver, 10 000 Ks.

A question - do the Altezza's have any form of security system tied to the remote locking ? - I'm looking for an immobiliser as a minimum. If not what would you recommend ?

jeff

It should have a immoboiliser as standard on the September 01 + made models. Since your one is a L edition so everything should be like a Lexus option...you can check the alarm system by lock it for 30 seconds and then either open the door from inside or moe your hand around the center light for the sensor to activate.

Matt :)

Hi Guys - realised I left out the most important detail in my post - it's the JCE10W model, 3L, rwd, 5 speed auto.

Matt - tried your suggestion, waited 1 minute. Nothing happened when I moved or unlocked from inside and the car started with the key.

The Mongoose immobiliser I had in my Harrier would kill all the dash displays to indicate it was armed and active and the car would not start until I unlocked it again with the remote.

Looks like I need an aftermarket unit.

Muzza - I'm down in Wellington. Came across the Dynatron models on a web search this morning, and looks like Mongoose also has an 'alarm upgrade' model, MAP1100S, that uses the existing key remote, so I don't have to carry a second remote.

jeff

Jeff,

I have reently aquired a Gold 2001 JCE10W model 3 litre 5 auto rwd and am Wellington way on the Kapiti Coast.

Have been following the forum for a while and found a lot of info on the Gita before purchase. Fortunately I have a web brower that will translate Japanese into a form of English that has enabled me to suss out the various models and specs.

I am very happy with the way the car performs so far.

Gitaman

Jeff,

I have reently aquired a Gold 2001 JCE10W model 3 litre 5 auto rwd and am Wellington way on the Kapiti Coast.

Have been following the forum for a while and found a lot of info on the Gita before purchase. Fortunately I have a web brower that will translate Japanese into a form of English that has enabled me to suss out the various models and specs.

I am very happy with the way the car performs so far.

Gitaman

Hey guys, I m happy to see people with same models of Altezza Gita in New Zealand...and you guys are both in the Wellington Area, be sure to contact Muzza and Krypt which is both in the area with RS200 Altezzas!...

Matt Lai :D

Hi again Matt. According to Toyota NZ my Gita (it's a signature class import) was first registered in Japan in May 2002, but based on the information at

http://altezza.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/al...tproduction.htm

it was probably actually built in July 2001, so just predates the availability of the immobiliser.

Gitaman, nice to hear there is another locally. King Toyota in the Hutt also delivered a blue one back before Xmas, but I believe it was a 2L version. In terms of performance, I took mine over to Martinborough on New Years day - by the time I got to the summit of the Rimutaka Hill, my smile was a mile wide ......

jeff