Wheels/tyres/ignition/s- Afc Setting

HI everybody.. Sorry ive got a bunch of newbie questions wanna ask..hope u guys can finish reading my crap if u guys hv time ..thz...

wat do u guys think abt spraying da original wheel into da sort of charcoal/grey colour dat usually appear on most AVS model 7??? coz b4 i was think of change da wheel of da car wif ENKEI NT 03 + spray it in dat colour... but since im go'in 2 do all da N/A mods.. so i hv 2 save up some$$$$$ + now i heard of da NEW model of Dunlop FM 901 called D...something only costs $200 4 17in i heard of da performance of da tyre is pretty gd + it also pretty durable...so sounds pretty gd 4 guys wif low budget like me haha so do u guys hv any other suggestion 4 tyres wif moderate performance + durable?.. tyres like Grid 3, S-03, AD 07 or Preceda is jst too expensive 4 me...

4 da ignition thing.. i guess my car probably hv some problem wif my spark plug.. coz when i wanna start da engine... sometimes it takes a long time 4 me 2 start up da engine... like i hv 2 turn da key 4 a long time... + it takes abt 10sec 4 da engine 2 make da eeeEEEE noise 2 start da engine..(hope u guys can un wat im talking abt) is dat mean something wrong with my spark plug??

+ b4 ppl tell me if u r go'in 2 imrpove da ignition thing 4 cars.. u've got 2 replace ur old spark plug wif some decent 1 like NGK or splitfire.. + da car will go even better wif some decent spark plug wire... but da boss of ST HI-TEC said UR CAR DONT RUN ON SPARK PLUG WIRE... wat does this mean???? + also ive seen alot of ppl ard had fit a thing called MSD ignition thing on their car... wat does it actually do?? is it something like a computer dat ctrl only da ignition thing?

ALSO says if i really replace my entire exhaust system.. like change da header + centre pipe (i already had a TRD muffler) is dat mean i'll hv 2 change da setting 4 my S-AFC??? + i heard of some guys saids.. U MUST PUT UR CAR ON DYNO IN ORDER 2 HV BEST GAIN FROM UR S-AFC... but i heard dat most ppl who adj da S-AFC only stick something at da back of da exhaust + test out da air/fuel ratio 4 adjustment... so is it really necessary 2 put it on DYNO???

THZ 4 reading it :)

HI everybody.. Sorry ive got a bunch of newbie questions wanna ask..hope u guys can finish reading my crap if u guys hv time ..thz...

wat do u guys think abt spraying da original wheel into da sort of charcoal/grey colour dat usually appear on most AVS model 7??? coz b4 i was think of change da wheel of da car wif ENKEI NT 03 + spray it in dat colour... but since im go'in 2 do all da N/A mods.. so i hv 2 save up some$$$$$ + now i heard of da NEW model of Dunlop FM 901 called D...something only costs $200 4 17in i heard of da performance of da tyre is pretty gd + it also pretty durable...so sounds pretty gd 4 guys wif low budget like me haha so do u guys hv any other suggestion 4 tyres wif moderate performance + durable?.. tyres like Grid 3, S-03, AD 07 or Preceda is jst too expensive 4 me...

4 da ignition thing.. i guess my car probably hv some problem wif my spark plug.. coz when i wanna start da engine... sometimes it takes a long time 4 me 2 start up da engine... like i hv 2 turn da key 4 a long time... + it takes abt 10sec 4 da engine 2 make da eeeEEEE noise 2 start da engine..(hope u guys can un wat im talking abt) is dat mean something wrong with my spark plug??

+ b4 ppl tell me if u r go'in 2 imrpove da ignition thing 4 cars.. u've got 2 replace ur old spark plug wif some decent 1 like NGK or splitfire.. + da car will go even better wif some decent spark plug wire... but da boss of ST HI-TEC said UR CAR DONT RUN ON SPARK PLUG WIRE... wat does this mean???? + also ive seen alot of ppl ard had fit a thing called MSD ignition thing on their car... wat does it actually do?? is it something like a computer dat ctrl only da ignition thing?

ALSO says if i really replace my entire exhaust system.. like change da header + centre pipe (i already had a TRD muffler) is dat mean i'll hv 2 change da setting 4 my S-AFC??? + i heard of some guys saids.. U MUST PUT UR CAR ON DYNO IN ORDER 2 HV BEST GAIN FROM UR S-AFC... but i heard dat most ppl who adj da S-AFC only stick something at da back of da exhaust + test out da air/fuel ratio 4 adjustment... so is it really necessary 2 put it on DYNO???

THZ 4 reading it :)

YES YOU DO HAVE TO THANK ME FOR READING THIS, PLEASE DO NOT USE SO MUCH OF THE TEXT MESAGE LANGUAGE NEXT TIME!

Matt :)

PS - no the S-AFC is not just thing at your muffler to check out your air flow, its part of the ECU to control your entire system to be able to control it, you have to dyno it so that it will be perform the best...anyway S-AFC II has been out for over a year what made you buy 1?

Well, Matt is right, I'd slap the head of any kid of mine who spoke like that, but I suppose your Engrish is better than my Chinese!

If you have a light-coloured car then dark wheels may look OK, but dark wheels on a dark car look crap to me.

There are a few posts on tyres both here and on the English Lexus Club. $200 is a pretty low budget, so I'm not sure what would really work. Buy two of one brand and try them against whatever you've got on at the moment, running them on the front then on the rear and see what difference it makes. If they are better than your current tyres buy another two the same! I'd try Toyo or Falken or Bridgestone to start with. Try Norman at 09 272 3288 and maybe he can do a good deal with Jap imports. Say Keith sent you through the Lexus Club.

Starting problem could be few things, a bad head gasket being one. Spark plug problems should show when you accelerate, not at startup. My dealer said the plugs we have should last 100,000km. (then cost a fortune to replace!) You will need a computer diagnostic to check cranking voltage and spark plug performance.

Your car does not have spark plug leads. (like most high-performance cars now) There is a coil for each spark plug, so the high voltage goes directly down the plug and it saves a lot of hassles that older cars had.

The computer will re-set itself for your exhaust I think, as it is generally not adjustable. You need an after-market ECU to sit down and re-tune every 100rpm exactly if you want to get max performance out of exhaust mods. There is a thread on the UK club about re-setting the computer by pulling out the fuse for changing fuels. I think it re-zeros the settings and the computer starts to learn all over again. If I were you I'd have the new exhaust fitted then have the car dyno-tuned so they can solve the starting problem as well as re-set the air/fuel ratio.

good luck (with your English study)

keith :lol:

hey guys don't mock his English..!

hahah :-- p

but next time, don't use +'s, kinda hard to understand really haha :-- )

i agree with keith about the sparkplugs, i dont' think the problem is from the sparkplugs either, cuz i have asked my boss about them, and he told me that the original sparkplugs should last about 100,000ks. maybe check your engine oil?

sorry i havn't got any experience with S-AFC, but yea, i heard somethin about restarting the ECU and it makes a noticable difference (my friend did that on his VTIR integra after a couple of mods and he said it works) i havn't done this on my car as i havn't got any performance mods yet :-- p

Sorry for my text mssage language guys.. and thank you for answering my questions

And sorry i forgot to mention that my S-AFC is a S-AFC2..and im abit regret that i brought it when it first came out last year..the price had already drop for more than $100 now haha..i probably should get a S-AFC instead of S-AFC2 because ive heard that the performance gain from both is actually similar.. and actually im not quite sure about the difference between S-AFC2 and S-AFC i just heard that.. S-AFC2 can make more accurate/detail adjustment and more setting can be saved than a S-AFC..so is there any other difference? because the instruction manual is in Japanese and i didnt play with my S-AFC2 much as im afraid that i might messed up the adjustment that the tuner had already set for me

Sorry ive made you guys confuse about what im typing.. i dont mean S-AFC is something that measures da air/fuel ratio at the muffler.. i mean somebody use another sort of tools to measure some data from the muffler and use the data for the adjustment of S-AFC..so is that mean these data gained from the muffler is incorrect for the adjustment of S-AFC..hmm.. if dyno tune is really the best way to gain more power from the S-AFC.. how much would it costs?? i've heard that it takes at least $500 for any car to be dyno tune..

oh and about the engine oil thing.. i changed it every 5000km and change the oil filter every 10,000km..but is this actually correct? am i over do'in it abit? and the oil that i use is from a brand called ELF is this a good brand? And is Mobil1 is actually the best engine oil around?

Thank you hope you guys can understand it more easily this time

My work uses ELF oil, and i guess it is alright ay since no-one has complained yet. I use mobil 1 myself, don't know if its the best, but sure its quite $$$! I can't feel significant difference over different brands, but I'm sure its doing a good job inside my engine protecting it haha.

I thought you're supposed to change the oil filter every time you change oil? Don't know, thats what I do :-- )

As far as the S-afc goes, basically what people have said is that if you have a full exhaust system (extractors, centre pipe and rear muffler) and a aftermarket air filter, an s-afc can be used to help re-set the fuel/air ratio or whatever to make best use of your inlet and outlet modifications and thus gain a few extra horsepower.

As far as tuning goes, I'm not sure how worth it, it would be unless your racing etc but it is important that the s-afc has been sert up appropriately for your vehicle in th efirst place (eg just installing it may not make a difference without the correct settings). It should be noticably effective without dyno tuning if set up correctly, but you can never rule out a few extra horspower etc from dynotuning!!!

my 2 cents.........Hayden :D

Also , on vehicles like these you can spend a s**t load of money before getting any substantial gains, therefore you have to know when to say when, e.g getting some modifications can cost alot and not really acheive much, as most of our cars here don't have turbo's.

As I said before, a s-afc will only be 100% effective with full exhaust, airfilter and correct set up, apart from that it wont be of much use although its better to have one than not have one I guess!!!

cheers........Hayden

I'm just learning about the electronics topic and I'm still in contact with Americans who tune up Supras, Skylines and such Supercars.

I also asked about the S-AFC for my IS200.

I got told that if you are going to tune your car per AFC and NOT on a dyno.

You will need wide-band gauges and wide-band O2 sensors and such to make settings working perfect.

Go there for a manual you can read:

http://www.apexi-usa.com

On N/A cars it would give you 2-4HP after installing an SAFC. <_<