Is250 Pricing

I see a lot of base IS250s being sold for 60k+. But since the rrp for a manual is 53k , once you add in On road costs the price should be still below 60k, right? Whats your experience with the pricing on these cars. Are they refusing to negotiate?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jet.

I think they are unwilling to budge on price as they are still in short supply with long waiting lists.

If you find one on the show room floor with no owner, you might find the dealer will do some dealing, but if you have to order and wait for it, you may have to pay RRP, unless you are lucky enough to have a few Lexus outlets around owned by different organisations.

Good luck.

Hey Jet.

I think they are unwilling to budge on price as they are still in short supply with long waiting lists.

If you find one on the show room floor with no owner, you might find the dealer will do some dealing, but if you have to order and wait for it, you may have to pay RRP, unless you are lucky enough to have a few Lexus outlets around owned by different organisations.

Good luck.

Hi There,

I had a different experience with my IS250. Just picked up on December 10 2006. My rep from Sydney City Lexus, quoted 57K for Base model inc Sunroof, Auto and All onroad costs. And that was without bargining. I dont know if its cheap, but i thought that was OK. I ended up with a Prestige + Auto + Enhancement Pack with sunroof and ML Audio. for $63800 inc onroad costs. Is that OK? Comes with 7 year warranty and 3 years free servicing.

Can anyone tell me if been jipped? :)

Leeman

Leeman.

Lexus website lists the Pretige Auto at $56,990. The moon roof & ML sound system package at $8,437 (for autos). The extra 3 year warrenty is normally about $2,000 and depending on how many Ks you are doing, 3 years of servicing would probably be $1,000.

So all up RRP would be $68,427 + on-roads.

Hence, it looks like you got a great deal!

Was it new, demo or already sitting on their showroom floor?

That sounds like a great deal especially if it's brand new (by Rap03's calculations, i think you saved $8-9K if you factor in the ORCs).

Btw, by Enhancement Pack, i assume you mean the one with Sat Nav...

is it worth the extra money and waiting period for the 07 model?

im thinking about purchasing an is250, however lexus parramatta has told me theres to many 06 models that need to be cleared, would they drop that dramatically if i was to wait until the 07 models arrive and purchase the 06 model?

been told there are no difference or changes in between the 06 and 07 is this true?

is it worth the extra money and waiting period for the 07 model?

im thinking about purchasing an is250, however lexus parramatta has told me theres to many 06 models that need to be cleared, would they drop that dramatically if i was to wait until the 07 models arrive and purchase the 06 model?

been told there are no difference or changes in between the 06 and 07 is this true?

Hi guys, with the 07 series i think they changed the arial to a fin type on the roof like the bmw.

palms

Hey Jet.

Good luck.

Hi There,

I had a different experience with my IS250. Just picked up on December 10 2006. My rep from Sydney City Lexus, quoted 57K for Base model inc Sunroof, Auto and All onroad costs. And that was without bargining. I dont know if its cheap, but i thought that was OK. I ended up with a Prestige + Auto + Enhancement Pack with sunroof and ML Audio. for $63800 inc onroad costs. Is that OK? Comes with 7 year warranty and 3 years free servicing.

Leeman

I can confirm Leeman got a very good deal. The closest of heard for the exact same spec is $65000 drive away. I got a simialr deal through a corporate deal but I didn't go with the enhancement pack. Looking at what deal you got, are you on a lexus corporate plan?

• 2 weeks later...
Leeman.

Lexus website lists the Pretige Auto at $56,990. The moon roof & ML sound system package at $8,437 (for autos). The extra 3 year warrenty is normally about $2,000 and depending on how many Ks you are doing, 3 years of servicing would probably be $1,000.

So all up RRP would be $68,427 + on-roads.

Hence, it looks like you got a great deal!

Was it new, demo or already sitting on their showroom floor?

Hey mate,

Sorry about the late reply,

It was brand new, but on the showroom floor. I'm pretty sure i could have got it lower,... but because i get an allowance to spend i didnt really mind. I think if i pushed it could have easier got 500-800 more off.

Cheers

lee

December 2006 Prestige, black on black, $62750 drive away (no more to pay) - including enhancement pack! :)

And no, not a demo car, that was brand new stock.

Hi!

Was that auto or manual?

How many years warranty? Any free servicing?

Thanks!

Leeman

December 2006 Prestige, black on black, $62750 drive away (no more to pay) - including enhancement pack! :)

And no, not a demo car, that was brand new stock.

Hi!

Was that auto or manual?

How many years warranty? Any free servicing?

Thanks!

Leeman

auto, and three years free servicing.

• 1 month later...
Hey Jet.

Good luck.

Hi There,

Leeman

Leeman, That is an excellent deal! Can I ask who you dealt with at Sydney City Lexus so I can go ask for a similar price with almost identical spec (except I wanted to add Front and Rear Sensors as well). I went into Lexus of Chatswood and the quoted price was around $3000 more than what you got it for. Also did you get on the corporate deal to get this price along with the 3 years free servicing?

hey leeman, thats a pretty good deal

we just got our is250, 2007 model, prestige, mooroof and 18" g-spyder wheels for $62000 incl all on road costs, thats with standard 4yr warranty too

i so wish we got the entertainment pack and ML system :unsure:

hey leeman, thats a pretty good deal

we just got our is250, 2007 model, prestige, mooroof and 18" g-spyder wheels for $62000 incl all on road costs, thats with standard 4yr warranty too

i so wish we got the entertainment pack and ML system :unsure:

Hey Dafidav, I'm planning on ordering a prestige in late April, and was thinking the same colour as yours but still undecided on the interior colour of black or light grey like the one you have. I much prefer the light grey but fear that the lower end of the inside of the doors will have black shoe marks etc (especially in the rear where those passengers won't be as cautious as you would being the owner of the car), do you face similar problems with your grey interior?

i know what you mean

when we drive the car, we are ultra cautious not to rub our shoes on the door but cant do much about passengers

we've had the car for less than a week so not much wear and tear yet

but i think if you clean your car and maintain it then it should be fine

maybe look into giving the interior a nice vacuum, and all the windows, vinyl and trimming a clean