Servicing And Warranty

Does anyone NOT take their car to the dealers when under warranty?

Given the fact that some dealers don't really do a good job of servicing, i'm not sure what to do. should i get them to service the car or do the lube changes myself with the best material.s

Idc.

Interesting comment on servicing. I have always had good service from my local Lexus dealer.

I would say, that if you don't want to void your warranty, you should be taking to a repritable place that will give you service book garranty.

If you don't think your Lexus dealer is doing the right thing in your servcing, tell Lexus customer service and go to another dealer.

Ok i'll source out a place that does warranty servicings. Will have to right the dealers to ask if it's ok first.

Thanks for the reply Rap03.

Idc. You will never get the dealer to say it is ok.

Consumer affairs may be one to ask about it.

Just remember, should anything go wrong (touch wood), you will probably end up having a bit of a tussle with the dealer and Lexus over the servicing issue and warranty, but I have to agree, Lexus servicing is very expensive.

• 5 months later...

it might be a little expensive but whe n your getting piece of mine and exceptional service who care as these guys know the cars better than anyone else allso what about all the advantages loan car/carwashes and free pink slips to name a few that i get

Does anyone NOT take their car to the dealers when under warranty?

Given the fact that some dealers don't really do a good job of servicing, i'm not sure what to do. should i get them to service the car or do the lube changes myself with the best material.s

I have serviced my cars at the same Lexus dealer for about 4 years now and I have never had a problem Given the amount of money you spend on a car I woulnd't trust my car to anyone else to be honest.