Hi,

I am now to this forum. I just took delivery of my IS250 yesterday. Have driven around a bit (about 200km's) in city traffic and on the highway and done the usual cornering and brake performance tests (the fun stuff). For the past 3.5 yrs I have been driving a 3.8l supercharged commodore. So I am still feeling the massive difference in the two cars.

My initial observations are that the car is amazingly smooth. Its amazingly quiet and refined. The ride quality is superb, the steering lacks a lot of feel at low speeds and the brakes are very good although a bit punchy. My issues with the car having had it for the past 2 days is that the seating position is very low (I am fairly short) and that in relation to the height of the seats the windows are a bit high. I love the massive mirrors on the car although parking the car takes a bit getting used to as I cant see the front end of the car to judge distances.

I have been very surprised by the performance of the car. I did not think it would be a fast car by any means but its a very quiet performer. Its feels very nimble and agile. Been very impressed by the way the car corners. Excellent grip on the road.

I just wish the set could be hight adjusted a bit further. I have it at the max height setting but is it possible to take it to the dealer and they can increase the height further than the factory max setting? I am guessing no.

I a wondering what forum members think of the IS250 overall. I am certainly getting used to the car as its so very different to my Commodore in every aspect.

Before buying the is250, i was at a BMW dealer test driving the 320 but my hearts was always with the lexus. I bought the lexus for it's value and performance over the 320.

When i drove the lexus i thought the engine was like no other car's i've driving. It was smooth and felt like it had variable gear changes, the power and quietness it delivers really impesses me.

The interior felt very luxurious as expected with the seats being how i wanted them to be (full electric and heat/cool feature). Although my interior is ivory i think black would have been better (with black you cannot see how old and dirty it is). I'm not tall either but i got the height to 80% max and it's enough for me. Having the seat up makes it harder to get off without creasing the side of the seats. I'm am planning to get a sit-in pillow to help minimise the wear and tear of the leather.

As i bought the prestige, the handling wasnt all that great, the car felt a little 'boaty' during cornering no thanks to 16s wheels and soft springs.

I was dissapointed that the boot does not automatically open up fully like the RX 4wd's.

My only mod will be to get 18s and maybe lower the car.

Sap which model 250 did you get?

As far as I know the sports and sports luxury come with the front and rear parking sensors. I have the sports luxury and the parking sensors cretainly help when parking the car as does the fact the side mirrors move down to let you see the kerb when you are parallel parking which is great to avoid hitting your wheels.

I had the IS200 and there is a big difference in the handling between the 2 which i think is mainly due to the big difference in size and weight. The suspension on the sports and sports luxury however are not at all boat like not sure about the prestige though.

In regards to the seat ask the dealer and see what they can do. Other than that you might have to just get used to it.

Hope you enjoy your car anyway.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I have bought the Prestige model. I have been extremely happy with the rise and grip of the car. I am sure the bigger wheels would have made a difference but I was more keen on a smooth ride. The seating position does take a bit getting sued to but given the size of the side mirrors its not too bad parking the car. This is first every "luxury" car I have purchased and I am very pleased that I went with Lexus rather than a BMW or Audi.

I have inquired about the rear parking sensor and its apparently $800 to get installed by the Lexus dealership. Not sure is this is worth the cash. I am sur I wish I had it when I going to reverse park the car:)

Can anyone recommend a good product to keep the leather seats clean/UV protect?

It was either going to be BMW or LExus for me. There was a comparo between the 325 and 1s250 by Wheels and not even the 325i measure up to the lexus. Why pay for 80K when you can get more by paying 60K odd?

What color is your leather cos i too am looking for leather protection. I got ivory/cashmere. I might just get a cushion in the meantime just to help ease the creases and marks on the seats.

Whereabouts are you located?

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I have bought the Prestige model. I have been extremely happy with the rise and grip of the car. I am sure the bigger wheels would have made a difference but I was more keen on a smooth ride. The seating position does take a bit getting sued to but given the size of the side mirrors its not too bad parking the car. This is first every "luxury" car I have purchased and I am very pleased that I went with Lexus rather than a BMW or Audi.

I have inquired about the rear parking sensor and its apparently $800 to get installed by the Lexus dealership. Not sure is this is worth the cash. I am sur I wish I had it when I going to reverse park the car:)

Did you get the navigation system when you got your car? If you didn't you will get the sensors but not the rear facing camera.

Meguiars sell a leather and vinyl protector which has been highly recomended by several people.

Hi,

Did you get the navigation system when you got your car? If you didn't you will get the sensors but not the rear facing camera.

Meguiars sell a leather and vinyl protector which has been highly recomended by several people.

HI,

I did not get the nav pack with the car. I essentially got the basic car. The only option I have is the sunroof.

I am just concerned about using any leather products on the seats as they have the fan under the seats.

It was either going to be BMW or LExus for me. There was a comparo between the 325 and 1s250 by Wheels and not even the 325i measure up to the lexus. Why pay for 80K when you can get more by paying 60K odd?

What color is your leather cos i too am looking for leather protection. I got ivory/cashmere. I might just get a cushion in the meantime just to help ease the creases and marks on the seats.

Whereabouts are you located?

Hi,

I got the graphite color with bisque leather seats.

Located in Parramatta.

The leather conditioner is like a spray that you spray on a soft cloth and wipe over your seats. Not really something that you spray straight onto your car seats. Nevertheless the heating and cooling functions of the seats are quite well protected as I know from previous experience with my old IS200.

Hi,

HI,

I did not get the nav pack with the car. I essentially got the basic car. The only option I have is the sunroof.

I am just concerned about using any leather products on the seats as they have the fan under the seats.