My Car Going Back To The Dealer To Get Rattles Fixed

As much as i don't like people handling my car without my presence, it has to go back to the dealer for rattle fixes (left dashboard/air vent area).

Tbis is the first time and all i know is that they will give me a courtesy car, but yeh does anyone have any opinion on the process or other?

It depends how you organised it. The dealership will either pick up your can from home or place or work and leave you a loan car or you can drop off your car at the dealership and take their loan car from there.

One thing to be aware of is the fact you pay for your own petrol.

Well i'm planning to just have around 60km left on the display before they pick it up.

The other thing is, has anyone neg. with the serviceman that when they service the car, they could use your preferred oil e.g Mobil 1, instead of oem toyota oil that i assume they'd use?

I doubt the oil is made specifically for the car (which i know you know also). I know that it's not ALL about brands but alot has to do with regular maintenance but i just think oem oil are not as good as top brand oils for day to day performance running.

I prefer to do it myself too.

I will be very satisfy if they actually do it. Last thing i want is for them to steal my $60 Mobil 1 oil and put in the oem Toyota one wich could be this

20043.jpg

hi all, i am back...

just to touch on the oil....OEM oil is specifically designed for the make and model in conjunction with oil companies, just like tyres and spark plugs. OEM are generally designed with reliability in mind. it can take up to 4 years in test...and believe me when I say it can be 4 years!

so i would personally use the OEM oil, I too had this question at first as I was driving a C43 which I used the mobil 1 and when I changed to the IS200 i wanted to as well, but no need, the OEM oil is just as good if not better.

with rattles, I had this too on the IS200 driver side near the seatbelt.....it comes and goes....

cheers.

hi all, i am back...

just to touch on the oil....OEM oil is specifically designed for the make and model in conjunction with oil companies, just like tyres and spark plugs. OEM are generally designed with reliability in mind. it can take up to 4 years in test...and believe me when I say it can be 4 years!

so i would personally use the OEM oil, I too had this question at first as I was driving a C43 which I used the mobil 1 and when I changed to the IS200 i wanted to as well, but no need, the OEM oil is just as good if not better.

with rattles, I had this too on the IS200 driver side near the seatbelt.....it comes and goes....

cheers.

Myself and OzIS250 had rattles in our sunroof. In my case it was when the glass sunroof was closed, but the inside cover was open (I'm letting sun in). Turns out they just had to grease something and it disappeared. Common problem it would seem.

No other rattles for me.