Quick Shift For Is200 6mt?

Hi everyone:

After driving my friend's WRX with quick shifter, I am thinking of getting a quick shift for my IS200.

I read somewhere in IS300.net a while ago. a member has fitted a quick shift for 5MT IS300.

I am wondering has anyone fitted a quick shift for IS200 (AS200) 6MT?

Also is it easy to install? can it be change back to original easily?

Matt(Frilai) Do u have any info about quick shifter parts for IS200?

thanks

SSML

I have done drawings to send to my engineer to make up some quick shift kits on his CNC Lathe, I just need to get hold of one to reconfirm all the measurements and Once done they will be for sale. I hope to get them underway some time towards middle of next month when im not so busy. Will let you all know. who would be interested in one?

They are easy enough to install and remove if you are carefull

I am hoping to be able to do them for less than half the cost of TRD or any other brand

I have a B&M quickshift fitted - reduces through by nearly 50%, but is a lot tighter/stiffer change.... a lot more positive......

Hi zee007:

So B & M has made a quick shifter specifically for IS200/Altezza 6MT!?

How much did u pay for ur B&M quickshifter?

and Is it easy to install? can be DIYed?(need to drill any holes or cut any thing?)

also can it be changed back to stock shifter easily?

thanks very much!

SSML :rolleyes:

I have a B&M quickshift fitted - reduces through by nearly 50%, but is a lot tighter/stiffer change.... a lot more positive......

Hi zee007:

So B & M has made a quick shifter specifically for IS200/Altezza 6MT!?

How much did u pay for ur B&M quickshifter?

and Is it easy to install? can be DIYed?(need to drill any holes or cut any thing?)

also can it be changed back to stock shifter easily?

thanks very much!

SSML :rolleyes:

Yes - the B&M quick shift is specifically designed for the IS200/Altezza.

It was around £250 sterling and I installed it myself in the dark - took me no more than 30 minutes. It came with instructions, and all the new bolts etc. Very easy to fit and is all done inside the car (no need to cut holes or drill - direct replacement).

You can swap back to your stock shifter easily when you come to sell your car!

It is a short throw and will take some getting used too, and its difficult to engage reverse, but VERY positive. I like it - others may not.

Here's a piccie for you: :)

is200qshift.jpg

Zee. B)

whoa! 250 GBP!!! thats even more expensive than TRD Shipped! TRD ones are 38,000 Yen, I would go for TRD guys!

Matt :)

yeah - the TRD one looks good.... I spoke to them early last year, but they weren't sure if it fitted the IS200, and I've heard it's very stiff... But worth it if it's cheaper!

Zee. :D

whoa! 250 GBP!!! thats even more expensive than TRD Shipped! TRD ones are 38,000 Yen, I would go for TRD guys!

Hi Matt:

Do you know has TRD make quick shifter for IS200?

How much AUD $ shipped to AU?

Hi Zee007 and 2JT-GTE is200:

Thanks for ur comments and input!

I will check out B& M website if it exists!

thanks v much

SSML

Hi Matt:

Do you know has TRD make quick shifter for IS200?

How much AUD $ shipped to AU?

Hi Zee007 and 2JT-GTE is200:

Thanks for ur comments and input!

I will check out B& M website if it exists!

thanks v much

SSML

Yes TRD makes a short shifter for the IS200 and Altezza! I will get a price later on...there might be a delay on Lexus Caliper sticker because there are not enough demand.

• 3 months later...

guys im in the process of ordering a trd short shifter from matt.. anyone else in?

basically the b&m was too expensive in comparison and tdi want you to cover bank charges at both ends.. so more cost to the end user.

please let me know by monday 5th july close of business (1 week) in this thread.. and msg matt (frylai) with your interest.

matt.. can you tally up interests in the end and adjust shipping rate for the group buy accordingly with a delivery eta? thanks buddy...

unless specified, the orders will be for an is200 6mt.

Alright I have no Idea whats going on but PM me with your message if it can still fit in...thanks! Will get back to you guys on the price ASAP! FOr a groupbuy unless I m shipping them all to one place theres no discount on shipping but I can get them at a better price...

i dont mind if they are shipped to me.. it will be minimal cost to ship to other states.. we can sort that cost out later.. but in the end it will cost less to buy as a group than for a single buy anyway...

ssml is this ok with you?

CTK1:

Did you have ur cruise control retro fitted?? or is it aftermarket kit?

my understanding is 6MT IS dont have cruise at all.

Mat,

Thats correct the dealer told me that cruise control is not an option on the manual IS, however i told him that i wanted. He then said what would you prefer the King Springs (which he had allready thrown in to the deal) or the cruise control.

I told him both or no deal, so he fitted an aftermarket cruise kit. :D

It's a *BLEEP* kit :angry: that doesn't seem to be calibrated properly as when you set it it accelerates to about 10 kms over the set speed and slowly acelrates further over a long distance. I've been meaning to have a look at the manual and fix it but have not found the time. <_<