Head Unit Install/speaker Wiring

Hi Guys,

I'm just in the process of wiring up my new Alpine CDA-9813, and things are going along pretty smoothy, apart from a couple of things!

Here they go:

Where is the factory amp located, and what are the wire colours for the two front components (I'm ditching the back speakers)?

Is there an illumination wire? I can't recall the factory stereo having it, and I don't wanna put it back in again to find out! I can't seem to find it with the multimeter anyway.

The biggie is the speaker wiring colours, so if anyone has those it'd be awesome to find out! I can't really be bothered rewiring up the whole speaker and pulling the door surround off, so any help would be great! :)

Thanks in advance guys,

Lawrence.

PS. Corey, sorry, I didn't get ur msg till the other day, I didn't even see I had a PM. Maybe this weekend mate, I should be pretty free :)

I have a '99 RS200.

Its not that I need an Alpine-Altezza adapter, its no use because I can't send the signal through the factory amp. If I can locate the factory amp then my problems will be solved :) I think I might just rip my door panels off and rewire from scratch though :)

The alpine HU I have needs a dedicated constant power and ground (10 gauge), so the only wires I needed from the original loom was the ACC, and illumination.

Cheers,

Lawrence.

Hey Lawrence,

I'm looking at going for a LONG cruise on saturday. Over the Lewis pass to reefton up to Nelson then over to Blenheim, stay the nite there then come home sunday morning.

We can meet up sunday afternoon sometime. Any ideas?

Toyspeed meets in Harvey Norman carpark, so we could meet there at about 2:00. Give me a txt if interested on 021 414 432.

Corey

Hi Guys,

I'm just in the process of wiring up my new Alpine CDA-9813, and things are going along pretty smoothy, apart from a couple of things!

Here they go:

Where is the factory amp located, and what are the wire colours for the two front components (I'm ditching the back speakers)?

Is there an illumination wire? I can't recall the factory stereo having it, and I don't wanna put it back in again to find out! I can't seem to find it with the multimeter anyway.

The biggie is the speaker wiring colours, so if anyone has those it'd be awesome to find out! I can't really be bothered rewiring up the whole speaker and pulling the door surround off, so any help would be great! :)

Thanks in advance guys,

Lawrence.

PS. Corey, sorry, I didn't get ur msg till the other day, I didn't even see I had a PM. Maybe this weekend mate, I should be pretty free :)

According to the Lexus electrical diagrams (for IS200/300) if you have 6 speakers, there is no amp. An amp is applicable for 8 speaker systems.

If the setup is the same for Altezzas, then I will be able to provide you with the wiring codes.

Stephenc: I presume I have the 8 speaker system. I've never had a detailed looked at any other Altezzas. I have the components up the front, and 6x9 looking speakers at the back. I've heard that they run a seperate hi/low pass for each speaker, instead of using a passive xover.

So I guess that makes 4 mids/4 tweeters = 8 speakers? Cheap dirty marketing lol :lol:

If you have any of those wiring diagrams it'd be great though! :)

Corey: Damn mate, thats a pretty long cruise for 24 hours! I love driving those roads though! I have touch training on the Sunday arvo, so I might not be able to make it. I wouldn't wanna show my car off infront of the Toyspeed crew with my tatty looking boot either! (The missing (read: stolen) spoiler still hasn't been patched up yet! :(

Cheers,

Lawrence.

RS200 does not have an AMP. .. it is a 6 speaker system. you should be able to go to your local car audio shop and buy a wiring loom to suit.

But . . if you are going to wire it yourself . . i will post the wire coulors tonite cos i'm removing my head unit today.

Its really easy, i found all the right wires with a multi meter.

the altezza does have an illumination wire also, though i didn't use it cos a hate the headunit dimming.

also a note . .

If ya going to wire it up yourself . . the radio aerial has an amp. . i think its to boost the signal. so you will need to get power to this also.

i'll post tonite

Doug

Hey guys,

Thanks heaps for your help.

After mucking around with the multimeter some more, trying to find the speaker wires I gave up, and proceded to take apart the door panels and rewired up the whole thing! :) Thats alright, because in the long run thats what I was going to do anyway :)

Cheers again guys!

Lawrence.