Foul Odour From Vents

Not sure if anyone experienced this, but when i floored the car/accelerator, afterwards there is this rotten egg/sulphurous smell coming from the vetns. It has to tbe the vents cos my windows were up.

Anyone got any explaination on this?

• 4 months later...
Not sure if anyone experienced this, but when i floored the car/accelerator, afterwards there is this rotten egg/sulphurous smell coming from the vetns. It has to tbe the vents cos my windows were up.

Anyone got any explaination on this?

Were you following behind another vehicle, as the rotten egg smell is normally from unleaded fuel. Do you continually run your air con on recirculate instead of fresh. Some times the evaporator does not get time to dry out running on recirc which can produce a bad odour.

Thanks guys, much appreciate the inputs.

IS250X, how much did the X cost?, heard if retailed same as the Prestige model.

Bluey, the first link says replacing cat convertor will not reduce the odor, the second says replacing it will get rid of the odor.

If it's actually fuel related, what fuel do u use and i assume your car doesnt give this smell?

Bluey, the first link says replacing cat convertor will not reduce the odor, the second says replacing it will get rid of the odor.

If it's actually fuel related, what fuel do u use and i assume your car doesnt give this smell?

ldc, I use BP ultimate or Mobil 8000. I actually got my first whiff of this smell, from my car, today whilst having a spirited drive through the hills. I had my moonroof open at the time. Was only there for a moment then gone.

Is this the limited edition is250 that was just introduced? i read that it was only retailed around the prestige model but had the alot of the sports goods.