Jzs147 Front Mount Intercooler Kit Almost Available!

I have just fount out that the FMIC that was featured in HPI #77 is available in 3-4 weeks for AU$549- delivered (within most of Australia -call for comfirmation).

The intercooler and the hoses are ready to ship now but they are waiting on the pipes to arrive.

This kit, available from Otomoto in Sydney, is small enough to fit behind the standard bar without any many major modifications. All that needs to be done is the bottom bar grill to be removed, the bar cut with a cutting tool of some sort and the tranny cooler bent back a bit. No metal needs to be cut! The great thing about this cooler is the size. It is thick, long rather than high and easily beats the stock unit that sits infornt of the driverside wheel. Most other kits require cutting of metal and aftermarket front bumper bars to fit.

For someone who loves tinkering with their car, (and who doesn't), I think it would only take a relaxed day and a few beers afterwards to complete the job. The worst part looks like removing the bumper in the first place. I always like to take my time and start it on a Saturday just in case. :lol:

I haven't ordered mine yet, but I am really serious about doing it. Anyone else game? :gav:

(I don't work for the company that sells the unit. I only know about it from the article in HPI magazine that I picked up from my local newsagent.)

Chris

Nice work there... Pity 75% of the cooler is hidden...

Smaller KKR cooler available through Otomoto will be alot more efficient. Might not be as tall but its almost double the thickness meaning it will still flow very well and handle 450hp +

For a total of $200 im not complaining. Im also going to mod the front bar air dam so air will be ducted directly through the cooler. For the time being, its a temporary install.

A thicker cooler core will most likely restrict more air from passing through the radiator. One way around that is to throw a small thermo or 2 on the back of the cooler (which i will be doing).

After a few emails with otomoto im going to order mine this afternoon, they sent me some pics of the cooler and pipe work, the pipe work is painted black and isnt the best ive seen however it looks like it could do the job. The cooler itself looks just the right size to take the place of the factory grill.

$579 shipped

Has anyone checked out the Trust/GReddy FMIC kits for the Aristo? I was initialy leaning towards the KKR kit, but the Trust one has some nice looking piping. I was recommended it by a workshop but, so there may be a vested interest there!

where can i go to look at the trust/greddy kits? is there an online site i can go have a look as im still looking for the best option.

thanks

Ebay Search aristo front mount and it will come up, its a larger core in terms of height and length however most of it would be unsused whilst retaining the stock front bar.

I have ordered stuff from them b4. They were okay, but don't hold your breath in getting the goods in a hurry. It took almost 4 weeks!

The prices are very good though and based on that I would probably use them again.

Chris

Yeah, the Trust/GReddy kit does have a lot of the intercooler covered. Could be a real problem, but it does have nice piping!

Does anyone know approximately what HP the Otomoto kit can support? I'm planning on doing a single turbo conversion later on, so I need my intercooler to have enough flow to support 500HP+.

Nick