Anyone With Nitrous On Their Altezza?

I am a certified nitrous junkie and i know my way with it very well. How ever i have not done a kit on this car before. Its hard to find info in english anyway. I know that the 3SGE is a very stout motor but i have a few concerns. I have aquired a direct port kit by Nitrous Express off a friend for some stereo stuff.

The smallest jets that Nitrous Express provide are for a 100bhp shot. I have emailed them to see what jets i need for a 75bhp shot IF i can run that low at all.

Plugs, i plan to run NGK BKR7E-11 Iridiums. Which is 1 heat range colder than stock.

Retarding the timing. Is this even possible via typical methods like an ignition retard unit? I dont see it as being so because of the Dual VVTi, i think i would need a power fc to do this. I plan on using 103Ron fuel when ever i spray. I think that this will help as the stock ecu is programmed for 98ron (i think thats what Japanese fuel is) and it will run the timing maps for that fuel combined with imput from various sensors about ambient conditions. The higher octane fuel is more detonation resistant but im not sure if it will be enough.

Any information or assistance is greatly appreciated.

thanks

From what I have heard most toyota motors including the 3SGE have weak conrods.

No doubt this will be the first to go. Will require almost full engine replacement if this happens. It is better to plan for the worst and strengthen them.

I am a certified nitrous junkie and i know my way with it very well. How ever i have not done a kit on this car before. Its hard to find info in english anyway. I know that the 3SGE is a very stout motor but i have a few concerns. I have aquired a direct port kit by Nitrous Express off a friend for some stereo stuff.

The smallest jets that Nitrous Express provide are for a 100bhp shot. I have emailed them to see what jets i need for a 75bhp shot IF i can run that low at all.

Plugs, i plan to run NGK BKR7E-11 Iridiums. Which is 1 heat range colder than stock.

Retarding the timing. Is this even possible via typical methods like an ignition retard unit? I dont see it as being so because of the Dual VVTi, i think i would need a power fc to do this. I plan on using 103Ron fuel when ever i spray. I think that this will help as the stock ecu is programmed for 98ron (i think thats what Japanese fuel is) and it will run the timing maps for that fuel combined with imput from various sensors about ambient conditions. The higher octane fuel is more detonation resistant but im not sure if it will be enough.

Any information or assistance is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Hey man, let me know what you find out, cos im pretty keen to use NOS as well.

Hmmm.... i would have to agree with you on the weak rod statement, i can verify this 1st hand.

I bent 1 of the rods in my old engine when i blew it up. Funny thing is that it wasn't the rod connected to the piston that melted. Must have been the only piston thats any good.

Corey

Thats not good then. I take it these dont have the same connecting rods as the 3SGTE as i know those motors are very stout.

I've been snooping and searching around on MR2 and Celica forums but ive only really found a small shot 35-50hp in conjunction with boost. A few NA MR2's say they will survive a 75hp shot. If thats the case then this should work fine.

On a side not incase anyone buys a nitrous express kit. They rate their HP @ the wheels. So their 50hp shot is equivalent to an NOS or other 80hp shot. They gave me the jet numbers for their "50hp" shot on a direct port system. I think im going to try that.