Sticking On Caliper Stickers.....

Hey guys,

For those of you who have got your caliper stickers. What is the best way of sticking them on? I have painted my drums and calipers black ready for the white stickers. Will they stick straight on or would you recommend applying a clear coat and then sticking them on that with another clear coat over the top? Got mine today and want to put them on this weekend. Your comments will be much appreciated. Cheers!

- Daniel

Hey guys,

For those of you who have got your caliper stickers. What is the best way of sticking them on? I have painted my drums and calipers black ready for the white stickers. Will they stick straight on or would you recommend applying a clear coat and then sticking them on that with another clear coat over the top? Got mine today and want to put them on this weekend. Your comments will be much appreciated. Cheers!

- Daniel

Ensure your the surface is free from oil and brake dust. Apply the decals, followed by a coating of clear lacquer. The lacquer will protect the decals and keep them clean.

I applied heat to the calipers with a hair dryer to ensure the decals bonded well.

Hi stephenc:

Where can you buy clear lacquer ?

I bought a can of caliper paint from Supercheap and I didnt aware of any product called "clear lacquer" :blink: unless it was sold out!

When do u apply heat? after put stickers on before clear coat? or after clear coat on?

Thanks for ur tips.

SSML

Hi stephenc:

Where can you buy clear lacquer ?

I bought a can of caliper paint from Supercheap and I didnt aware of any product called "clear lacquer"  :blink: unless it was sold out!

When do u apply heat? after put stickers on before clear coat? or after clear coat on?

Thanks for ur tips.

SSML

I purchased the clear lacquer from Repco. It's a brush on, so I was able to apply a few coats to the decals only.

I heated the calipers and decals before applying them.

Caliper Decals

Clear Lacquer