hey guys, names scott and im a noob to the forum, ive got a 1997 aristo and was wondering how you guys went about getting owners manuals?

i have bought a jzs147 part listing cd with all pics from www.alljapanesecars.com but they said it does not include wiring.

i have then found that the gs300 has similar wiring if not the exact same for the aristo as they were the same model car pretty much and was wondering how easy it was to get a hold of wiring diagrams for the gs300 or a manual?

need it for the audio gear :P

cheers for any help guys, glad to see aristos popping up around the place.

scott

Scott,

This is a tricky one as the US spec model came out with the Nak' or Pioneer unit and I believe all of our one use are the Fujitsu Ten. (Mine is anyway.)

I have not touched my radio except I have pulled it out and apart cos I thought I could fix the faulty CD, but it has died. :D

You also have an option of sourcing a set-up from here.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...2Bkit%26hl%3Den

I don't think its cheap, I have read somewhere over $300- and I have no idea where I can get one in Australia. If anyone finds out let me know. I guess it would make it an easy job.

Beware of other surround though as you may find that they are US companies that make them and my not fit in our RHD cars. Check out UK stes instead.

As far as the engine goes, I hae used www.MKIV.com for my reference as just about everthing is the same. They have some great articles and some extracts from the Toyota workshop manual.

Even if you got your hands on the US GS300 workshop manuals, there would be quite a few differences, for a start LHD, NA engine and I know the stereo etc.

Have you got a modulator for the radio? I have and it is not the best really. I get confused with what station is what.

Chris

yeh ill check that out, i have purchased a parts cd from japan showing every bolt and part on the car and part numbers and so on, some good information but not cheap!! also picked up a 1997 lexus gs300 manual so ill see if any of those wiring diagrams help once it arrives.

main reason at the moment is i have my audio gear out of the '92 cressida and its just sitting there which is rather annoying, and yes doing the wiring for a 10 speaker system will be fun, :unsure: lol. might see what sound i get if i just replace the amp for the sub, if its seperate or see how much beter it will be by just replacing the sub.

cheers for the help, if you want this parts cd when it comes in let me know and i will see if i can make a copy.