well what a *BLEEP*ty night/day it has been

1st - was at a red light, car was stopped, was raining pretty heavy, i get rear ended by, the rear bumper on the right hand side is scratched and dented with the reflector brokem, the right exhaust is also pushed in, I dont know if its bent or just fallen out of its holding

2nd - this morning, sister's bf took the car to park it on the street next to the kerb, scratched the front left rim, the edge is scratched about 10cm and theres marks here and there

so now im looking to either get the bumper fixed or buy a new one, whichever is cheaper, im getting a quote on that tomorrow at a certified lexus body repairer

the rims i dont know where to fix

anyone with suggestions? and does anyone know how much it is to get a new rear bumper pre painted?

cheers

I went to a place called prestige auto in artamon to get the bodykit painted and fitted, didnt have any issues with colour matching, ask for Raffi or John. They are also Lexus approved.

thanks sho

i got the details off the lexus website

im getting mine done at Curran repair shop in auburn

got it looked at today, and i need a new bumped, the exhaust is unknown until they hoist the car up and take off the bumper to asses the damage

so now i have to wait for the claim number from both parties before i can put my car in for work

the guy estimated it would cost about $3000, lucky the other dude has full comprehensive insurance

Wow man, sorry to heard you got rear ended. ;)

Best to ask Lexus or the dealers on replacement parts.

Did you know want to go through your insurer?

cars been placed at the repairer to get it fixed

we are with alliance and because we have full comprehensive as well on the car, they will represent us in contacting the other party and their insurance company to chase the money, so we dont have to do anything, the claim from our side wont affect our excess or premium, so we going them insurance to make the process faster and easier

Curran is recommended by lexus so im happy to leave the car with them

i also got them to fix the scratches on the rims, $150

hopefully will get it back in 2 weeks time if the inspector guy from alliance gets to the repairer shop mid next week

cars been placed at the repairer to get it fixed

we are with alliance and because we have full comprehensive as well on the car, they will represent us in contacting the other party and their insurance company to chase the money, so we dont have to do anything, the claim from our side wont affect our excess or premium, so we going them insurance to make the process faster and easier

Curran is recommended by lexus so im happy to leave the car with them

i also got them to fix the scratches on the rims, $150

hopefully will get it back in 2 weeks time if the inspector guy from alliance gets to the repairer shop mid next week

Who quoted the job for you at Currans? I take my car there and they do a really good job. If insurance is paying for everything, then you have nothing to worry about as they will leave your car perfect. I would ask them to get new parts though rather than repair the parts.

Good you're better off replacing brand new since insurance is paying rather than getting parts repaired. Still it sucks to have your car damaged let alone so soon after you got it.

When do you pick it up? I might be going there the following saturday so i might see your car there if it's still around.

they said the work will only take 1 week max, but i have to wait for the inspector to come out and they said that can sometimes take 2 weeks

mine is the graphite there with the g spyder wheels if ur gonna visit them soon

what work you getting done?

they said the work will only take 1 week max, but i have to wait for the inspector to come out and they said that can sometimes take 2 weeks

mine is the graphite there with the g spyder wheels if ur gonna visit them soon

what work you getting done?

I was there today and didn't see it. Maybe it was in their other building whilst they wait for the parts.

Nothing major, just a small scratch on the rear passenger door I want buffed out. Actually getting it done on the 12th, if you pick your car around then maybe I'll see you there.

Not very deep but I can still see it and it annoys the hell out of me.

Costing $300 but they do the buff and hand polish the whole car, they do a really good job. I had it done on my old IS200 before I sold it and that was black so every little mark showed. When I got it back it looked unreal like new again, sold it within a few days of getting back.

ah ok

thats good then, hopefully they will give me a car good polish as well once they're done, it needs it hahahhaha

they use meguair as well right?

Your car will be detailed before you get it back and yeah they use Meguiars...

• 2 weeks later...

OK hopefully we get it back Tuesday morning or arvo

they have fixed it, they're polishing it now and waiting for the QA guy from lexus to come out and verify the job

cant wait to drive my baby again!!!

3-4 weeks of driving a cressida is enough!! :P