Hi ToAll

My name is Ben, and new to this forum. I have had a look at your past decussions and i was very impressed about the amount of knowledge that you people have. I am a owner of a RS200, very standard a part from springs and sound systems. At the moment im looking out for a new bodykit, and a place where you can get the statndard alloys polished, if it is possible (AKL area).

Also interested in the group orders that you guys do, would not mind getting some of those Toms Eyelids, and a new panel filter.

look foward to talking with you later.

cheers

Welcome Ben - glad you find the obsessive ranting useful! :P

For the bodykits, I suggest you check the Toyota section at http://www.takakaira.com/aerokits/aerokitindex.asp - you should be able to see pics of all the different kits. Depending on how much you want to pay, you can probably get most of them into NZ somehow! :D

If you guys are keen on the kit currently on my Altezza, let me know. It's on show at this weekends Autosalon Show, Auckland Showgrounds, and I've had a set of moulds taken off the complete kit. If anyones keen just let me know after checking it out.

Got other stuff and will put a list together over the next couple of weeks.

Boothy.

you must have an aftermarket diff Voice!

Mine is 3000 odd at 100kph. I always feel it is geared too low, but that is factory setting. From what I remember the manual has a 4.3:1 and some of the autos have a 4.1:1, so they are a little higher..

My old Datsun 1600 has a 3.7:1, so that must run about 2500rpm at 100kph.

Wow, how many new owners came out of the woodwork on this thread?!

Hi guys! *waves*

I hope you Kiwi-Landers appreciate how lucky you are to have ready access to the RS200 (arguably the way the Altezza was intended?!)

I mean, i'm considering turning my IS200 INTO an RS200 down the track! Talk about taking the long way!

Anyway - welcome one and all!

matt

Ok, Ive just done sone checks and my speedo is out by 25kph eg. at 100kph my speedo reads 125kph. The other thing is when I'm doing 100kph my revs are @ 3800rpm in 6th.

Why is this? Have I got a close ratio gearbox or is there a different diff in there?

Any answers would be great.

How did you check your speedo Flyboy? That is one hellava lot out!

Maybe you have a real low diff in there, a 4.8:1 or a 5.6:1 or something just made for traffic light drags! :lol:

A low diff like that would make for high revs at 100kph and also put the speedo out like you say. (also suck up juice like no tomorrow!)

keith

How did you check your speedo Flyboy? That is one hellava lot out!

Maybe you have a real low diff in there, a 4.8:1 or a 5.6:1 or something just made for traffic light drags! :lol:

A low diff like that would make for high revs at 100kph and also put the speedo out like you say. (also suck up juice like no tomorrow!)

keith

I followed my wifes car, which I know is pretty accurate because of a couple of speeding tickets Ive got in it. :ph34r:

My guess was the diff, but I'll have to get it checked out proberly this week to see how much out it is.