Install Cruise Control

Hello everyone

This is my first post, so lookin forward to this. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to install cruise controll into my 1997 2.5x Toyota windom. My car has the brackets under the hood to hold the cruise control module and the space for the cruise control computer and the light in the instrument cluster (the bulb in it to). I thought i could get all the neccessary parts from a identicle vehicle with cruise control from a wrecker and be able to have cruise control. Any replies would be helpful, im really eager to have cruise control as i do alot of travelling and would like to have the sterring wheel control stick for the cruise control.

Cheers

Mark

• 1 year later...

Hi all, first post.

I just got myself a sweet 1998 ES300. I was so taking it for granted that it would have cruise control that I didn't even check before I got it. But it doesn't.

Cruise control is one thing I really like to have in a car so I was thinking maybe I could put it in myself.

Looks like nobody replied to this guys question above...

I wonder if nobody knows, or they know it is not worth doing for some reason.

• 1 month later...
Hi all, first post.

I just got myself a sweet 1998 ES300. I was so taking it for granted that it would have cruise control that I didn't even check before I got it. But it doesn't.

Cruise control is one thing I really like to have in a car so I was thinking maybe I could put it in myself.

Revolver and Ambler, not too sure about the queries about this. Probably best hitting some other Lexus club forums to see what can be done. This forum unfortunately tends to almost be a ghost town with hardly anyone chiming in from time to time. Probably best posting to somewhere like www.clublexus.com/forums.

Dunno if you guys are still wondering about the whole cruise control thing but I may be able to help you. I work with City Toyota's pre-delivery department on a near daily basis and one of their jobs is to put cruise control on cars headed up to mine-sites. I will chat to one of the guys about putting it in a Lexus and getting back to you, I have seen the ones they use and they apparently work for most makes and models of cars.

• 1 month later...
Hi all, first post.

Revolver and Ambler, not too sure about the queries about this. Probably best hitting some other Lexus club forums to see what can be done. This forum unfortunately tends to almost be a ghost town with hardly anyone chiming in from time to time. Probably best posting to somewhere like www.clublexus.com/forums.

guys why dont you ring lexus service department, ring the customer service number , and ask them to transfer you to the service department, very nice people .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone

This is my first post, so lookin forward to this. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to install cruise controll into my 1997 2.5x Toyota windom. My car has the brackets under the hood to hold the cruise control module and the space for the cruise control computer and the light in the instrument cluster (the bulb in it to). I thought i could get all the neccessary parts from a identicle vehicle with cruise control from a wrecker and be able to have cruise control. Any replies would be helpful, im really eager to have cruise control as i do alot of travelling and would like to have the sterring wheel control stick for the cruise control.

Cheers

Mark

Unit from Toyota Vienta could be a straight fit from wreckers. After market fitted should be around $450 or thereabouts from Autobarn.