Hey all, just join the forum to find out more about my newly puchased IS250 sports luxury. Was just wondering if any of you guys have 22" wheel on it yours or would you guys only go the 20" so you wont e losing all you smoothness to the ride?

Never really heard of 22" on is250 before let alone seen one with them. I'd say 19" would be as far as i'd go.

Ive got Dished 19's, 8.5" at the front and 10" at the back with low profiles..

The front rubbed the tiniest bit but i fixed it with a heat gun.

As for 22's it has been done.. but the wheel wells had to be modified.

14471d1196137429-22s-my-is350-is3502.jpg

14470d1196136920-22s-my-is350-is350.jpg

Niick, i would like to know more about your 19s as i am wanting to get them, did you lower your car or is it a sports model with oem sports suspense?

Got any pics?

Niick, i would like to know more about your 19s as i am wanting to get them, did you lower your car or is it a sports model with oem sports suspense?

Got any pics?

No worries. Ive got a prestige and I havent got it lowered yet!

Big fender gap but I will hopefully be getting a set of springs soon.

I haven't decided on which springs yet but probably Eibach, Esperlir, Megan or King Springs.

My rims are Axis Decades, with 235/30/19 tyres on front and 275/35/19 on the rears

Sorry about the crap pics.. ill take a few more soon.

20080221195338nw9.jpg

20080221200332de2.jpg

img0923fj7.jpg

Veryyy nice rims!! :) what tyres did you use? and what cost was the rims ? Also where are you going to get your springs fitted? Will that affect the warranty? Let me know as I am looking around for mine too :)

Veryyy nice rims!! :) what tyres did you use? and what cost was the rims ? Also where are you going to get your springs fitted? Will that affect the warranty? Let me know as I am looking around for mine too :)

I got a 3 grand wheel and tyre package for $1800 delivered through tempe tyres

The tyres are Nankang Sports... very quiet for such low profile tyres.

As for the springs, i will be installing them myself as i did with the rims.

My father has been in the car trade for many years so it makes it easier.

As for the warranty, the only way it will affect it is if something goes wrong that is directly related to the modification,

for example, your wheel+tyres are too big and they rub holes through the plastic in the wheel arches etc. If something

goes wrong like a gearbox or diff, your still covered.

What area are you guys from?

Nickk

Niick, thanks for your info, i would be most interested in meeting up with you and check things out IF you are in Sydney.

Do you think 19s compromised ride quality, what about reduction in power due to weight??

About lowered your car, can you do mine as well (after i get my wheels :))?

hahah thats a shame, im in Melbourne. Ill have to see how things go with the installation of my springs first, my father just sold his hoist so it will make things a bit harder. After having the wheels on for a couple months now, im very used to it. The only difference I have noticed over stock is when there is a big bump in the road, i feel it a bit more. But that isn't because of the wheels themselves, but the very low profile tyres that are on them. If your very concerned about that, i would suggest 18's with a higher profile tyre. You could get away with 19's and a higher profile tyre but you might have to fix some rubbing. Feel free to pm me whenever because it seems you have had all the same queries i have had along the way with modification and I might be able to help you out.

Nick

I rang up JAX and they said for what i wanted in the 19s they will fit 225 series tyres, i would think this is 35 profile. do you think 225 is too narrow for 19s?

It all depends on the width of the rim. How wide are the rims you are after?

My rims are 8" wide on the front and im running 235's and the rims dont really stick out of the tyres much.

225's would be fine assuming the wheels your were after are less than or equal to 8" wide

Niick, nice set of boots.

As for the ones in the pics chappy was kind enough to post... maybe I'd like them better if I was a drug dealer too. :unsure:

i dont get it :huh:

:lol: I think you've got a nice set of wheels on your IS, but can't say that I think the wheels that chappy posted compliment suit the IS at all.

It's a compliment to your choice in wheels. :)