If you like a comfortable ride get 18's. 19's look good but with low profile tyres they are a tiny bit bumpier... only a tiny bit though. Personally, i think go with aftermarket 19's, low profiles and a modest lowering.

my original wheels are sitting in my garage for when i sell the car one day.

I have the prestige with all the available options.

I'm goin to upgrade my 18" to 20"/22" :) so if you interested? Wheels is Gmax enigma, tyres is Bridgestone Eagle F1. Its used only 2 months (4kms) :)

I'm goin to upgrade my 18" to 20"/22" :) so if you interested? Wheels is Gmax enigma, tyres is Bridgestone Eagle F1. Its used only 2 months (4kms) :)

Go with 19's, you will have to many hassles with the 20's or 22's, and it will sit like a boat and you wont be able to lower it because it will rub left right and center.

Go with 19's, you will have to many hassles with the 20's or 22's, and it will sit like a boat and you wont be able to lower it because it will rub left right and center.

Seriously? thanks Niick, will consider that.

Im torn between getting 18s or 19s. With sydney's *BLEEP*test road, Canterburry Rd, i would would weeping on 19s i'm sure, but 18s i feel isnt no where as good looking as 19s.

With 19s i think it needs lowering but then adding up all the costs, could be decisive also.

+1

I got 18s because I did a deal on Lexus wheels when buying the car. Lexus doesn't stock anything larger for the IS. I would probably have gone 19s had I not done a deal and bought after-market instead. Heck, if Lexus offered 20s for the IS it would have been a 'green light' to go them! But they don't. Make what you will out of that.

I reckon 20s would be a bit too hard of a ride though - unless you could tweak the suspension.

Seriously? thanks Niick, will consider that.

yep! ive been into car modifying along with a few of my mates for a while now. So unless you are interested in modifying your wheel arches then 19's are the max i would recommend. Ive got 19's and i have to get my rear guards rolled because of the width of the rim.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone wanna exchange? or buy?

or i should change to aftermarket 19inch instead?

I have to agree with Niick, i had larger non genuine rims with low profile tyres. I am younger, so i had to 'teen' it up a bit. I ignored my fathers warning - the ride was ridiculously bumpy and noisy. More so on sh*tty city roads.

The wheels were deemed incorrect for the vehicle so i changed back to the sports luxury genuine lexus rims, on normal tyres. We later found out the rims WERE correct, and i changed for no reason.