2009 Is250 Sports Luxury Anyone Own One?

Does anyone have a late 2008 or 2009 model Sports Luxury?

I am looking to get a new car in the next few months and I would like to stay with Lexus but I want to know apart from the styling changes outside the car has anything else really changed?

I read somewhere that now you can change from full auto to semi auto by flicking the paddles on the wheel, similar to the DSG gearbox offered by VW, does anyone know if this is true?

Also, are there any rattles etc that are common amongst 2006 models? I know I have had my fair share of rattles and I am thankful at having an understanding dealer service manager who managed to get them fixed but I don't really want to go through that again.

Cheers.

I have a 2009 model SL and yes you can change from full auto to semi by 'down shifting' the paddles when... let say you are in 4th gear for example. Then you will be in manual mode. It's quite handy when you are going to overtake.

No rattles, has standard VDIM, white stitching on my black interior trim (looks quite good), the black/grey wood trim instead of the red.

Sounds like that's the way to go.

I tried to go through the exercise on the weekend of seeing what else 85K or so buys me but after spending half an hour at Audi Parramatta without being served it is just too painful to keep trying let alone to try BMW and Merc.

I know what you mean. When I went to an Audi dealer the same thing happened and I can't help but feel like they would be looking at me and think that I don't have the funds to buy their cars. Besides... the IS was the right choice and it has always been and 2 years of waiting has paid off :P

By the way, I forgot to mention that the 2009 SL comes with three keys. Two FOBs and one Credit Card sized key.

I was thinking of updating to a 2009 model, but have become very disappointed in Lexus service and also in Lexus not updating features in the "make over" model, like no full media connection (still iPod/MP3 player only), still manual handbrake/foot/parking brake.

So, it looks like I am off to VW and the new Passat CC with everything. It's a very good package and a lot less money and most components are the same as the Audi.

Rap03 - Good luck with VW. I won't go near them!

Their notorious arrogance and condesending approach to its customers, not to mention their questionable reliability record and Mercedes-esque service costs have turned me off them completely. I bought a Golf for my wife a few years ago. I was turned off early on (even though I initially liked the vehicle), but she really wanted the Golf - so we went through a painful experience for a troublesome vehicle. Needless to say its sold now. Whilst we did, I looked at the Passat and took one for a drive. Not a patch on the IS with respect to build quality, finish, quality of materials, ride/suspension and handling. That's not to say it wasn't a bad vehicle - they are good value for money, are spacious and have an excellent transmission and a very good diesel donk, but they lack that all-round polish. Just a pity its a VW. When buying the IS, I seriously considered the A4 too, and found Audi's level of service very good - not pushy but polite, responsive and they gave me one for the day to drive on my own without a sales rep with me. I'd recommend Audi service, but not its parent company.

I'm staggered to hear you're dissappointed in Lexus service standards. I've found Lexus' service second to none - clear daylight with anything Ive dealt with and having dealt with many manufacturers over the years from Holden and Ford, through to VW, Mazda and Merc. You'll see standard industry 'service' when you go to VW!!

As I said, good luck with VW - and watch out for that options list too - its big and scary and likes to feed aggressively on your bank balance!!!

Rap03 - Good luck with VW. I won't go near them!

Their notorious arrogance and condesending approach to its customers, not to mention their questionable reliability record and Mercedes-esque service costs have turned me off them completely. I bought a Golf for my wife a few years ago. I was turned off early on (even though I initially liked the vehicle), but she really wanted the Golf - so we went through a painful experience for a troublesome vehicle. Needless to say its sold now. Whilst we did, I looked at the Passat and took one for a drive. Not a patch on the IS with respect to build quality, finish, quality of materials, ride/suspension and handling. That's not to say it wasn't a bad vehicle - they are good value for money, are spacious and have an excellent transmission and a very good diesel donk, but they lack that all-round polish. Just a pity its a VW. When buying the IS, I seriously considered the A4 too, and found Audi's level of service very good - not pushy but polite, responsive and they gave me one for the day to drive on my own without a sales rep with me. I'd recommend Audi service, but not its parent company.

I'm staggered to hear you're dissappointed in Lexus service standards. I've found Lexus' service second to none - clear daylight with anything Ive dealt with and having dealt with many manufacturers over the years from Holden and Ford, through to VW, Mazda and Merc. You'll see standard industry 'service' when you go to VW!!

As I said, good luck with VW - and watch out for that options list too - its big and scary and likes to feed aggressively on your bank balance!!!

I agree, VW, Audi, BMW etc, have nice cars don't get me wrong by the time you add in all the options you get in Lexus, you're near $100K.

Before I got my IS250 I looked at the BMW 325 and by the time we added all the options we were getting with the Lexus we were over $100K.

Lexus service is always good, they are always eager to fix any issue however small etc.

Just my 2 cents worth. I bought a new 08 IS250 SL last December. After some severe bargaining I got them to throw in:

- extra 3 yrs factory warranty (giving me 7 yrs in total).

- locking wheel nuts.

- iPod/iPhone connection (3rd party of course).

+ I was extremely happy with the amount of $ I was able to also bargain off the on-the-road list price.

Because I also worked for a company that was on their Corporate program list, I got the 1st 3 yrs service for free as well (all I needed was a letter on company letterhead stating I worked for them).

I think they're even hungrier out there now, so good luck.