Hey Guys!

Hope all is well, I finally managed to get fast access back to this forum! I was just checking out the lexus site and noticed that they are offerring a sports suspension package. I am thinking of getting the FSport springs.

Has anyone fitted these?

I don't want my car to be ultra low, and the 1inch drop suits me fine, also since I want to keep my warranty I would rather get Lexus to do it. Just wanted to know if anyone else has done it, also do I need to change the absorbers too?

Will this make the ride quality bad??

Hi Naz,

Yeh, no one from the forum that I know of has them installed as yet. I do know that cevu had bought them but was going to wait until he bought the F-Sport / bilstein struts before he had them installed. Reading other forums, it is my understanding that most guys just install the springs with the oem shocks. Lets face it, as mentioned, this is the most subtle drop you are going to get. 1.2" after settle at best. Problem with only changing springs on original strut is that the usual traverse of the strut now has changed with the lower spring. As a result, greater chance of seal failure! Many change their struts at this time. If they ever do fail that is!!

Ride quality, I read that with both the struts and springs installed, it is comparable to the Tein S-techs. ie, Quite stiff. Having been in Ilv's ride, I didn't think that it was all that bad!

Being such a subtle drop, I would personally just change the springs and get the struts at failure, or be more aggressive and get coil overs for the same price that you are going to pay for the F-Sport springs and Struts. Atleast then you can control your height and ride quality. Warranty, hmmmmm? What is the worst that can happen?! You have already changed your whole suspension with coilovers , what, a sway bush or bump stop may crack?? Anyway, only my opinion!!! ;)

Here are some before and after shots with the F-Sport springs. As you can see, very slight drop.

Before

After

I've been hanging out to get some F-Sport gear onto my IS250 for ages but it seems like it'll never happen - every time I ask/enquire about the parts arriving at my local Lexus dealership I'm first told that the parts are coming/haven't arrived yet/no pricing/ and then recently "most likely aren't going to be sold in Australia." It's a real pity, and unless the parts don't adhere to Australian rules/restrictions I can't understand why they wouldn't be sold here. Nevertheless, I'll look to import the parts myself but would really have appreciated it if Lexus could install/still keep warranty on their own parts here as they do in the US.

Is the Carson site (www.l-tunedparts.com) still the best place to get genuine parts from?

I've been hanging out to get some F-Sport gear onto my IS250 for ages but it seems like it'll never happen - every time I ask/enquire about the parts arriving at my local Lexus dealership I'm first told that the parts are coming/haven't arrived yet/no pricing/ and then recently "most likely aren't going to be sold in Australia." It's a real pity, and unless the parts don't adhere to Australian rules/restrictions I can't understand why they wouldn't be sold here. Nevertheless, I'll look to import the parts myself but would really have appreciated it if Lexus could install/still keep warranty on their own parts here as they do in the US.

Is the Carson site (www.l-tunedparts.com) still the best place to get genuine parts from?

I have dealt with sewell lexus with a number of things when i had my is250 and are excellent you don't even have to ring just set up account and do it over internet already priced including shipping.

WEB SITE BROUSE THROUGH