This morning in Sydney would have had to have been the coldest this year, or so it felt. Does anyone know if there is a minimum reading that is given in the dash?

When it would get to 3 deg, it would flash and not go any lower. Either it was not colder, or it cannot read anything below this temp. I just thought it was strange that it started flashing.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Hey Franky,

Yeh, Im pretty sure all cars do this. My SUV does at as well. As soon as it gets above the 3degree mark, it will stop flashing. I am lead to believe that it is a feature that is more so designed for the "ULTRA COLD" climates. That is, to warn that ice may be developing on the roads so take caution!

Anyway, like I said, My SUV does it at 3degrees and I have read on another forum that Citroen do the same with their vehicles!

It was definitely cold this morning in Sydney. The temp sensor displayed 5 deg which was the lowest I've seen it. Interesting that it starts flashing at 3 deg.

I always wondered where the actual sensor is located? I feel sometimes if the car is parked in the sun it gives an 'over average' reading in Summer sometimes.